PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Manwthgun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS Issue w/ Cricket Service.

Anyone have any help for a noob with a flashed Touch pro to allow incoming mms messages. I get a decode error.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 04-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: MMS Issue w/ Cricket Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwthgun View Post
Anyone have any help for a noob with a flashed Touch pro to allow incoming mms messages. I get a decode error.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Could you provide more details, like has MMS ever worked, did it just stop?
Can you send?
Does WAP work?
Is MMS/WAP on the account?

Give more details, like what ROM are you using a WAP/MMS cab?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manwthgun is a n00b

Newly purchased phone. I am unable to send or recieve mms. MMS/WAP is on the account I have access to web through WAP. unable to tell you what rom i am using please tell me how to look this up.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Newly purchased phone. I am unable to send or recieve mms. MMS/WAP is on the account I have access to web through WAP. unable to tell you what rom i am using please tell me how to look this up.

Thanks for the help
OK are you using a stock ROM, does the original carriers logo come up when booting on are there specific apps for Sprint, Verizon etc.
Look for the following
Start menu/setting/system/about, is it WM 6.1 or WM 6.5 Pro.
Start menu/setting/system/device info list what is there.

Do you have PHM registry editor if so goto the following and list what is there. If not google is your buddy.
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ARCSOFT/ARCSOFT MMS UA/CONFIG/MM1/MMS SETTING/ (SHOULD HAVE CRICKET MMS HERE)
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ARCSOFT/ARCSOFT MMS UA/CONFIG/MM1/WSPHEADER/X-(SHOULD BE CRICKET)-MDN "SHOULD BE YOUR MDN IN THE DATA FIELD.

Also is your number newly ported from another carrier? Have you called cricket to have the MMS reprovisioned?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manwthgun is a n00b

No specific software or wake-up splash. It was a Sprint phone that is still on the hardware. Bought here. I did dl a reg editor and i am running 6.1 pro as well as dug down to the area in the reg the MMS settings are setup there are 2 one that is default on that is Cricket MMS both are identical. "http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" MmscURI. and the gateway is blank but, google results says that's normal. whatelse are we thinking?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
No specific software or wake-up splash. It was a Sprint phone that is still on the hardware. Bought here. I did dl a reg editor and i am running 6.1 pro as well as dug down to the area in the reg the MMS settings are setup there are 2 one that is default on that is Cricket MMS both are identical. "http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" MmscURI. and the gateway is blank but, google results says that's normal. whatelse are we thinking?
Start by deleting the default so only cricket remains.
It's a shot in the dark but call cricket and have the MMS removed from the account. Then call back an hr later and have it put back on. or pay a visit to a dealer and have them fix it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro