PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: SPRINT

rosh5661 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question How to remove SKI-ROM from HTC Pro

My daughter upgraded her spring phone and gave me her HTC Pro. Her husband put SKI-ROM on it and sprint can't do anything about putting back their software so I can use the phone under my number. I spent 4 hours on the phone with spring and drove 1/2 hour to the sprint store to be told I needed to find someone smarter than them to reprogram the phone, if it is at all possible. Does anyone have any idea if it is possible. They tried to to do a hard reset at the store but it wouldn't do anything. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Re: How to remove SKI-ROM from HTC Pro

this will fix your problem:
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...501&news_id=64

If you install this latest update from the htc website, it will restore your phone to factory settings (and software).

It is recommended you install this before ever taking a phone that has had a non-sprint rom installed on it. Reason being is now Sprint can choose not to repair your phone. Installing non Sprint roms can void your waranty.

To install this update, you must hook your phone up to your computer via a usb cable... just incase you did not know. You must also first install microsoft activesync 4.5 from Microsofts website.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
this will fix your problem:
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...501&news_id=64

If you install this latest update from the htc website, it will restore your phone to factory settings (and software).

It is recommended you install this before ever taking a phone that has had a non-sprint rom installed on it. Reason being is now Sprint can choose not to repair your phone. Installing non Sprint roms can void your waranty.

To install this update, you must hook your phone up to your computer via a usb cable... just incase you did not know. You must also first install microsoft activesync 4.5 from Microsofts website.

I agree with this except that the rom link is to a generic touch pro rom. I would do a little searching and get the latest official sprint rom. I will try to upload it here, but don't know if I can. If your daughters husband put the ski rom on there, ask him to change it back. Should be really simple for him to do.

EDIT: I can't upload it, but just search for it and you will find it. When I get time I will try to find the link for you.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post

What CDMA's can't flash from the storage card. If you can I would do it that way. It's safer and faster.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

linky
updated stock sprint rom.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/

Here's the Sprint Rom direct from the HTC website
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

flash the above posted rom direct from htc. after flashing the rom, look in this forum for the relocking instructions. you will also need to relock the phone (after flashing to a stock rom) before you bring the phone to sprint as well.

sometimes when you flash the stock rom and then relock it, you may need to flash the stock rom again.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

Quote:
RELOCKING

Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificats are signes wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) entering bootloader by using the sspl exe linked above, flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash except for your mode of entering bootloader. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

A few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.
all instructions are in that thread but basically what your going to do is flash the stock rom, throw the file inside the sprintrelocker.zip file to the root of your sdcard, then go into bootloader and flash.

the sspl.exe file you shouldn't need to worry about. that file needed to be there to unlock it. i wouldn't think it was removed at any point, but just in case, the sspl.exe is in that thread as well. this file goes in the root of the phone, not the root of the sdcard. if you need any help, throw me a pm or post it up in here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro