PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro - Verizon - Upgrade to 6.5?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116469)

superawesome 03-31-2010 03:15 PM

Touch Pro - Verizon - Upgrade to 6.5??

I just got a replacement Touch Pro from Verizon today.
They usually last me a couple months before the screen dies and I need a replacement. ](*,)

Having said that, WM 6.1 is quirky and I am looking to replace it with a 6.5 ROM.

However most of the threads regarding this are older news.

Does anyone have an actual updated link to where I can unlock the phone,
and then a link to where I can install a 6.5 build?

Would you recommend upgrading to a 6.5?

Which ROM would you recommend?

I use the phone a lot for business use so I need something reliable!
Thanks

schoust 03-31-2010 04:10 PM

Re: Touch Pro - Verizon - Upgrade to 6.5??

Man I only wish this where an option I have had more issues with my TP than I care to imagine! I have replaced my phone numerous times and each time they come up with yet another excuse as to why I am not entitled to a replacement of a another kind. I hope your phone is older than mine and you don't have to put up with this WM lag &crash for much longer I still have almost nine months and I can't take it much longer! Does your phone need to be hard reset often? Are you running Cab file applications? I just can't figure out whats wrong? Some say that the stock Rom is a resource Hog???

Decker 03-31-2010 07:53 PM

Try MightyROM6, I like it alot on mine...

superawesome 03-31-2010 10:48 PM

@schoust - i never have problems to where i have to hard reset.
however twice already i have had to replace the phone because the touch screen magically stops working.

@decker - i would love to try mightyrom6, but i would like to hear a review. is it a lot faster? how is the WM6.5?

i am running Verizon, is there a tut on how to crack my phone and isntall it?
i think i tried before but the unlock patch did not work..

pncntigger 04-01-2010 01:44 AM

I just got my wife a VZ TP a few days ago and used this tut and used Mighty ROM6

I had to do it over. The first time I did it, email would not send or recieve.

I flashed the shipped ROM then back to Mighty ROM6 then cleared memory before starting to use it. She hasn't had a problem with it since.

It is night and day faster than the shipped ROM was.

Decker 04-01-2010 12:04 PM

@Superawesome:
It seems faster, but to be honest, I flashed my phone about two days after I got it :) Asurion "replaced" my Samsung i760 with this HTC Touch Pro.

I do like WM 6.5 over 6.1, but I never had issues with 6.1 either. It is taking some getting used to! I've been using the same UI since my iPAQ PDA, so it was "different"