PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro that is always CRASHING??

Hey Guy's and Gal's I have been on this forum with a few complaints but finally gave up and basically have to doo a hard rest at least once a week sometimes more. Has anyone has this problem? What seems to happen each time is for some reason or another a program will get hung up and I will have to do a soft reset,well once I do this the phone comes back soooo slow in fact the CPU seems to be heavily burdened at 45% percent or so and the phone will not work either I get messages that the procedure has failed or there is no service which I know for a fact that there is? Is there something that I am missing here? I shut all the programs down and basically have nothing running yet the phone seems to just be really having a hard time recovering from a soft reset? I have tried unloading any and all apps but this does not seem to matter I have had multiple phones that are supposedly refurbished as new? Heck if this were my phone and not a company deal I would be wild with this BS! Anyway is there a procedure that can be done to speed up the recovery from what appears to be a error of some sort??
Thanks again...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic
Re: Verizon Touch Pro that is always CRASHING??

Are you running stock or custom ROM?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Change your rom...

Somethings definatly jacked up.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Well here's the story this thing has driven me nut's for a long time I am on my 4th one and they all act exactly the same! I only have around four cabs that I am running and all seem to be main stream? I am running the stock Rom for fear that if I change it and something happens I'm screwed! It's a company issued phone. I really would love to try something else and have been very tempted but I know my Boss he will take away the perk if I screw it up and it voids warranty. By the way 12/10 is my renew date. All this said I can't believe what a load this thing is? I mean I must be doing something wrong? I had to reset again today? WTF is wrong with these Phones?? The last one they sent came with a real bogus screen the image is way bad and that coupled with the way those Guy's treat me when I call heck I know way more about this phione than the knuckle heads that I have talked to What do you think is happening? Changing Roms voids the warranty right? Please help I don't think I can make it through the Summer before I smash the MF'er against the wall! It fails me ever time I really need it for No apparent reason? Ever time something starts to hang and I have no choice but to soft reset the thing is screwed! I might as well just hard reset every time it hangs? Is there a list of known software that causes issues with this phone????
Old 03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

yeah that what the verizon version of the tp does best crash!!! most of us had sprint verisons on verisons network (us = older chefs and site members)

Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

So thats that there is nothing that can be done with this POS! I am sick to Death of the friggen Hard reset Bs! There has to be somthing that is wrong??
Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

yeah there is something wrong with that phone!! its the hardware, gimped hardware!! if u goto ppckitchen.org and download buildos they have a kitchen that has rom files just for the version!! not sure how much better it will be but its worth a try!!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Does that Rom Void the warrenty?I'll check it out thanks!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Does that Rom Void the warrenty?I'll check it out thanks!
Technically flashing a different ROM will Void the warrenty. But I wouldn't worry to much about that because you can always revert the phone back to the original ROM and SPL.

But I am surprised that you have soo much trouble with your TP. I had mine since November 2008, still works fine.

Last edited by Relic; 03-31-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Can you help me out Bro? The only thing I can think of is the phone seems fine at home but the place i work has real bad service and the phone is in and out all day?? It seems to be getting totally confused?? Do use like a smart phone? Silly question but I know of quite a few Guy's that use them with NO aplications whatsoever! ANY HELP AT THIS POINT WOULD BE TOTALLY APPRICIATED...
Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro