PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon Touch Pro that is always CRASHING?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116351)

schoust 03-30-2010 05:08 PM

Verizon Touch Pro that is always CRASHING??

Hey Guy's and Gal's I have been on this forum with a few complaints but finally gave up and basically have to doo a hard rest at least once a week sometimes more. Has anyone has this problem? What seems to happen each time is for some reason or another a program will get hung up and I will have to do a soft reset,well once I do this the phone comes back soooo slow in fact the CPU seems to be heavily burdened at 45% percent or so and the phone will not work either I get messages that the procedure has failed or there is no service which I know for a fact that there is? Is there something that I am missing here? I shut all the programs down and basically have nothing running yet the phone seems to just be really having a hard time recovering from a soft reset? I have tried unloading any and all apps but this does not seem to matter I have had multiple phones that are supposedly refurbished as new? Heck if this were my phone and not a company deal I would be wild with this BS! Anyway is there a procedure that can be done to speed up the recovery from what appears to be a error of some sort??
Thanks again...

Relic 03-30-2010 05:35 PM

Re: Verizon Touch Pro that is always CRASHING??

Are you running stock or custom ROM?

reeg420 03-31-2010 09:39 AM

Change your rom...

Somethings definatly jacked up.

schoust 03-31-2010 04:03 PM

Well here's the story this thing has driven me nut's for a long time I am on my 4th one and they all act exactly the same! I only have around four cabs that I am running and all seem to be main stream? I am running the stock Rom for fear that if I change it and something happens I'm screwed! It's a company issued phone. I really would love to try something else and have been very tempted but I know my Boss he will take away the perk if I screw it up and it voids warranty. By the way 12/10 is my renew date. All this said I can't believe what a load this thing is? I mean I must be doing something wrong? I had to reset again today? WTF is wrong with these Phones?? The last one they sent came with a real bogus screen the image is way bad and that coupled with the way those Guy's treat me when I call heck I know way more about this phione than the knuckle heads that I have talked to What do you think is happening? Changing Roms voids the warranty right? Please help I don't think I can make it through the Summer before I smash the MF'er against the wall! It fails me ever time I really need it for No apparent reason? Ever time something starts to hang and I have no choice but to soft reset the thing is screwed! I might as well just hard reset every time it hangs? Is there a list of known software that causes issues with this phone????

Adrianh85 03-31-2010 05:32 PM

yeah that what the verizon version of the tp does best crash!!! most of us had sprint verisons on verisons network (us = older chefs and site members)

schoust 03-31-2010 05:35 PM

So thats that there is nothing that can be done with this POS! I am sick to Death of the friggen Hard reset Bs! There has to be somthing that is wrong??

Adrianh85 03-31-2010 05:43 PM

yeah there is something wrong with that phone!! its the hardware, gimped hardware!! if u goto ppckitchen.org and download buildos they have a kitchen that has rom files just for the version!! not sure how much better it will be but its worth a try!!

schoust 03-31-2010 06:10 PM

Does that Rom Void the warrenty?I'll check it out thanks!

Relic 03-31-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schoust (Post 1672833)
Does that Rom Void the warrenty?I'll check it out thanks!

Technically flashing a different ROM will Void the warrenty. But I wouldn't worry to much about that because you can always revert the phone back to the original ROM and SPL.

But I am surprised that you have soo much trouble with your TP. I had mine since November 2008, still works fine.

schoust 04-01-2010 12:27 PM

Can you help me out Bro? The only thing I can think of is the phone seems fine at home but the place i work has real bad service and the phone is in and out all day?? It seems to be getting totally confused?? Do use like a smart phone? Silly question but I know of quite a few Guy's that use them with NO aplications whatsoever! ANY HELP AT THIS POINT WOULD BE TOTALLY APPRICIATED...
Thanks