PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

brian smith is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have custom ROM but needs serviced?

The speaker on my first Touch Pro went out, so I got it replaced...the replacement lasted a week. I plugged it in to the charger and it turned off and won't turn back on. They are sending another replacement in the mail. Here's the problem...it has a custom ROM and I can't flash to stock. What is going to happen if they see the custom ROM when I send it back? Should I worry about it?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Have custom ROM but needs serviced?

y cant you flash the stock rom? it really depends on the tech, the day of the week, and if they wanna be an ass. ive had some people at sprint act like its no big deal, and some who think rom flashing is horrible and use it as an excuse to void your warranty. you will be responsible for an equitment charge up to 300 dollars. (no good, right?) try to flash the stock back from the sd card if its a computer problem. you can always brick the phone. you cant get in trouble for what they cant see, and if you have a legit problem in the first place, i wouldnt feel bad about doing this. on the other hand, if they recieve it bricked, maybe they will say they couldnt reproduce the results and charge you any way. if its not back to stock your pretty much in a bart simpson situation. damned if you do, damned if you dont.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe the battery is bad, did you keep battery from replacement?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

It won't turn on. No lights when it is plugged in, nothing. I don't have another battery.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

Wait and try the battery on the one they are sending you.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Not getting the Rom back to stock is a bit of a crap shoot. I will say however that on two seperate occasions while in a Sprint repair center, I saw two seperate people picking up replacement TPs. Both of these replacement phones were refurbs and had custom Roms on them. One guy let me flash him to stock and lock it. The other made the repair center get him another phone. The point is, if a phone with a custom ROM on it can get turned in, repaired and then still come back to a new owner with the custom ROM on it, I think chances are that you will most likely be fine. But that is just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
... if a phone with a custom ROM on it can get turned in, repaired and then still come back to a new owner with the custom ROM on it, I think chances are that you will most likely be fine. But that is just my opinion.
Whoa! If this is happening these Sprint techs are not too bright, are they?

There was someone who posted awhile back claiming their girlfriend's TP came back from repair with a WinMo 6.5 ROM on it. No one believed him, and of course her phone died again before he could produce screen shots...looking at this, it may have been true...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies. I got the replacement and tried the battery in the old phone and it still didn't work. I'm just going to put it in the return envelope and let it go. I have been really pleased with this phone, so really this isn't that big of deal. The first one lasted a year and a half with rough use. I'll repost if anything happens out of the ordinary with the return deal. It was a 6.1 ROM btw.

Last edited by brian smith; 03-31-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: addition

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro