PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extreme/Strange battery problem

i am having a quite unusual problem with the battery on my TP. it is hard to explain but i will try my best to do so. While i was casually surfing the web while on the charger i noticed that my battery started to drain ( this is the more ordinary problem that has been posted on many threads ) but this new situation is. The indicator lights and meters within the TP indicate that the battery is charging yet it still drains. I tried turning it completely off and removing the battery and then putting it back in and charge the unit for one hour. After one hour it charged to 20% which is reasonable enough for normal use, so i turn it back on and continue to use the device again the TP still indicates that the battery is charging after listening to about 7 songs i get a very low battery indicator warning (at the same time the battery indicates its charging) there is NO overheating and when the battery reaches 0% it does not die the screen just goes off and i can turn it back on and still recieve the low battery warning but what i cannot do is use data or even turn the phone radio back on. I am on the NFS 1.05 ROM, any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Extreme/Strange battery problem

Flash back to Stock and see if it continues is what I would do.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work

Have you installed anything recently or changed around settings? Possibly something that could be conflicting with your phone. Sometimes I see my phone draining quicker than than usual, although not as drastic as your stated, and a soft reset usually sets it right.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You said charger...

But do you mean you have it plugged into the USB, or you you are using a wall charger? I believe NSFFan has Fast-USB charge enabled by default (or at least I think he used to), so if you are on the USB, that could be the problem.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

a hard reset didnt even set it right,but i did leave it on the charger for the rest of the morning and its straight now i think, time will tell. it was quite a scare as ive never experienced that before
Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

drjonz is a n00b

My old TP's battery would run down faster than it could charge if I used Pandora or just about any other media streaming app. I know a few other people that didnt have this problem, so it may just be we had defective phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro