PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

freehunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insurance claim on my Touch Pro to get an different carrier's phone?

Right now I have a Touch Pro through Alltel. The Touch Pro is the best phone they carry, but it is showing its age, badly. I had it replaced once, got a phone that was missing the ear piece. Got that replaced, and the new phone has TWO problems!

The GPS doesn't work, drove from Michigan to Florida and back over spring break, trying to pull a signal the entire time there and back with no luck.

The internal loudspeaker will only ring for 1-6 seconds per sound before it shuts off. Makes it fun to try to hear the ringer, and if I'm playing music, I only get up to 6 seconds of sound before it won't make another peep until the next song starts.

I reset, reset, and reset the device over and over, and even flashed to 6.5, then tried three more 6.5 ROMs, including one without TouchFlo. No luck.

Anyway, my question is, can I turn the device in under an insurance claim, get my money back, and use the money to buy a Droid Eris from Verizon to use? First off, can I get the money back. Secondly, will Alltel activate a phone they don't carry? It's the same network, but I'm not sure on their policy. All I know is, this phone is killing me. I got the phone when I lived in one city, then moved but kept the same phone. My new city switched to Verizon, but where I have my contract through stayed Alltel, so I have to drive almost 70 miles to get to the nearest Alltel store, and exchanging my phone every week is getting old.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Insurance claim on my Touch Pro to get an different carrier's phone?

How about instead of undertaking insurance fraud (which ends up hurting the rest of us who try to live by the rules) you consider:

• Donating it to one of the chefs here at the site.
  • Flashing back to the stock rom and donating it the armed services or a local domestic violence shelter.
  • Sell it, make a few bucks and put that towards a new phone.
Also, I didn't know that Verizon owns entire cities where there's is the only service provided...hmmmmm.

I'm sure there are a couple more options...but I need some more coffee first.

late,
Coz
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Insurance claim on my Touch Pro to get an different carrier's phone?

Also, since nothing, I repeat, nothing ever good comes from these threads I'm gonna close this bad boy down.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro