PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Long Press End Key does not save settings (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114200)

striker1211 03-15-2010 09:08 AM

Long Press End Key does not save settings

Every time I set Long Press End Key in the settings to anything it forgets what radio box i selected after a random period of time. I like to hold it and have the data connection end but it always resets to "Automatically execute the selected action:" being selected with none of the four option below it being checked. I am running Windows Mobile 6.1 using the last version of MightyROM 4. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thursday 03-15-2010 10:31 PM

Re: Long Press End Key does not save settings

I actually have this same exact problem you described, but I have yet to pinpoint what is causing it. I have no clue, hopefully someone can help us out.

striker1211 03-15-2010 11:13 PM

I think it might be something deleting the registry key, like two versions of the program fighting each other or having incompatible settings, but i need a regmon / processmon app for winmo

Thursday 03-15-2010 11:16 PM

Could it have anything to do with the task managers? Any chance you remember using arkswitch around the same time that you realized it wasn't working?

striker1211 03-17-2010 10:51 AM

I've never heard of that task manager. I use the htc one though. I have found that even if i use AE Button Plus it too stops working for the end key, however the other buttons work ok.

Thursday 03-17-2010 12:17 PM

That's strange, I was going to say might have something to do with the new 6.5.x builds, but I see you are using a 6.1. This didn't start happening to me until about a month ago.

cfong 03-29-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striker1211 (Post 1631053)
Every time I set Long Press End Key in the settings to anything it forgets what radio box i selected after a random period of time. I like to hold it and have the data connection end but it always resets to "Automatically execute the selected action:" being selected with none of the four option below it being checked. I am running Windows Mobile 6.1 using the last version of MightyROM 4. Has anyone had this problem before?

Striker,

Could you tell me how you set the "long press end key" in the settings? I tried setting->personal->button, but there is no setting for long press end key.

Could you walk me through the setting for long press end?

Thanks!

nuphan 03-30-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfong (Post 1668645)
Striker,

Could you tell me how you set the "long press end key" in the settings? I tried setting->personal->button, but there is no setting for long press end key.

Could you walk me through the setting for long press end?

Thanks!

I'm getting the same problem on the stock ROM too. It's under settings->system->Long Press End Key

cfong 04-02-2010 09:16 PM

nuphan,

I am sorry but I cannot find long press end key in the "system" folder. Could you double check and let me know again?

Thank you!