PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

hedggie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC tethering problem

Here's the deal, whenever I tether my touch pro to my computer via bluetooth or usb, the phone says "connected" but the computer says "no network access" or "no internet access." Either way I have no connection to the internet. It seems to of only happened today, but I haven't tethered in a while. Also I don't know if you guys know anything about this, but I also have a Huawei EC138 networking usb card from alltel, and it causes my computer to freeze, and the only way to fix it is to unplug the power and start up again. It freezes anywhere between 2-30 minutes after starting connection. I've tried on another computer as well same problem. I have Windows 7, the other has Vista. I've searched the net quite a bit and haven't found anyone with the same problem.
Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited by hedggie; 03-11-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: changed tp2 to touch pro
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC tethering problem

problem 1: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

problem 2: tried card on 2 computers, both froze, card is most likely no good.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

hedggie is a n00b

Are you telling me to search? I did and didn't find much.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol no that wasn't a search link. i was telling you to ask in the tp2 forum. this is the tp1 forum. the tp2 forum will get you much more info regarding problems with the tp2. i see you edited your first post to say touch pro instead of tp2.

when connecting you the computer, are you selecting internet connection instead of activesync or hard drive?

i use wmwifirouter for tethering, absolutely love the program. allows usb, bluetooth, and wifi access. makes things more simple in my mind. though i will use the internet connection sometimes if i am just tethering via usb. are you running a rom? if so what rom? if stock 6.1 have you done the internet sharing fix? i see you are on alltel and i am not very familar with their systems.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

you searched and didnt find the 10 other places I have posted this cab? for your convenience...here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Win7 Pro
Carrier: USC

hippy43 is a n00b

Never mind,,, figured it out... Works GREAT when you enable ICS and THEN plug the USB cable in.. Downloading updates on a non-network connected pc through my phone as we speak. <LOL>

Searching, Reading, trying,,, it's a GOOD thing!

Thanks to EVERYONE on this fourm that answered a question about tethering. LOTS of good info found and solved my issue...

Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
you searched and didnt find the 10 other places I have posted this cab? for your convenience...here it is.
Quick question, since there is already this thread on teathering. Last night I tried to connect my TP to my laptop, via USB, and set it up for ICS that way instead of using WMWiFi Router... I just wanted to see if this would work.
Win7 picked up and installed the drivers for my TP as a modem, no problem. Here's where it got interesting.
1. I tried to go in to set up the modem and all that was there were generic settings.
2. EVERY time I plug in my USB cable, the "data connection" on my TP automatically turns off and won't allow me to turn it back on. Is this common?
3. Even if I try to use WMWiFi Router and it's USB setting, it can't turn on the data connection and stalls while initalizing.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by hippy43; 04-20-2010 at 02:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro