PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: BOOST (Sprint)

xecuter2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather location cab?

Does anyone know if there is a weather location cab for roms like mightyrom that don't have it built in? I flashed back and now I really miss location weather
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Weather location cab?

I am not sure one would even work....
There are quite a few dependencies involved in the location service.
And some I believe must be included in the ROM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xecuter2 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a weather location cab for roms like mightyrom that don't have it built in? I flashed back and now I really miss location weather
why don,t you use wheatherbug (from marketplace)
Old 03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

bing has gps weather, telenav, amaze, there's gps weather radar. at most needed is .net cf 3.5 you can run weather panal but you have to input location. bookmark accuweather.com, if you have sprint stock opera has weather on sprint vision. custom roms aren't the only way to get weather.

i would like a gps weather app like touch weather that does gps, instead of using maps with weather though.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

He's looking for the weather location feature of TF3D2 (Sense)
It also changes the clock time zone based on location.

Not the same thing as going to a web page folks...MUCH better!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i know that the 6.5 stock rom for vz tp2 has gps weather in weather tab of tf. that would be nice. time zone auto changes already on my stock sprint rom. did a road trip from ok to az and when we crossed nm, clock changed. i don't like the retro flip clock used in sense. i use spb and my weather widget would be great gps enabled.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: BOOST (Sprint)
Threadstarter

xecuter2 is a n00b

Exactly what Asphyx said :/ I ended up going back to Energy which runs slower and may or may not start my keyboard not working issue again. I guess ill stick with it as long as i can and flash back to mighty if I get annoyed again. It is nice for when your out with friends and someone asks, whats it like outside haha. A few seconds and you have the exact temp and at least an estimation of the weather.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

xecuter2 - There are two ways you might go about attacking this, not sure of one of them because I have never tried Mike's Kitchen...Both at quite intensive but it might get you what you want.

1 - (the one I think might be the best way) Is to dump one of Mighty's roms into a Kitchen that has sense included in it. (Make a backup of the kitchen sys files before you do). You will have to then tweak the Mighty dump to try and strip all of his Manila packages from the sys. You will also have to change a lot of the sys files and upgrade them to newer such as HTC Geo-Service and DRM Etc...(Check one of the XDA threads regarding Sense for dependencies you will have to include into and replace in the dumped Mighty sys folder.)

It may be impossible to find all the needed changes without really changing the rom so much that it does not have the trademark Mighty reliability anymore....

Option 2 - Is to try and use the Mighty Kitchen that he released and try to add in the packages needed for Sense and see it it will build and work correctly.

But I think the best way to go forward is to find a good kitchen that has all the options Mighty has (and you could convert some packages from Mighty's kitchen if you need them) and try to duplicate a Mighty build using the new kitchen. Use the same sys and xip and see if you can't get close to it.

Mike worked really hard on stability so he left out a lot of the hacked and converted dependencies needed for Sense (and Geoservice) in the name of that stability. Things like Rhodium Dialer and TF3D2 itself!

So it might prove much more than difficult to try and integrate them without killing the whole reason for sticking with Mighty in the first place....Stability!

I use Calkulin's Kitchen currently and you can make a pretty stable rom w/Sense that way...
It's much easier than trying to shoehorn Sense into a sys that really isn't setup to support it.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Last2No is a n00b

If you are looking for the weather clock on the home screen and a working "my location" try NFSFAN's latest rom. I have it working flawless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro