PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Hacked for Verizon

ladius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync phone to overwrite computer?

Hello,

I flash new roms every now and then. I usually load the new rom then sync it using the Windows Mobile application. That was taking too long so I decided to backup (PIM Backup) then restore the backup after flashing for a quicker solution to getting my phone operational again.

So I did that for the first time recently and when I went to sync my phone to my laptop, it duplicated all my contacts! I restored the phone back to the last backup and want to sync my phone to my laptop but have the phone's contents override and delete all duplicated contacts. When I had a Palm Treo, I know it had a setting you can choose to change the sync preferences. I can't seem to find any such thing on the TP.

Any help would be appreciated.

by the way, running Sprint TP hacked to run on Verizon and Energy ROM Sense 2.5 March 5, 2010.

Thanks in advnace.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync phone to overwrite computer?

Don't know the answer the way you are asking, but have a couple of solutions. You can install ODIR to the windows machine and delete the duplicates. You can also just delete everything in outlook prior to the first sync after a hard reset. Or delete it all now and restore your pim data from pimbackup. I used PIM backup for years, and just got into the habit of deleting the stuff in outlook prior to the restore. I ended up recently purchasing SPB backup because every so often the calendar stuff would get messed up, and I would need to manually fix it. I am hoping it doesn't happen with this backup program, but so far so good. Additionally, I've learned that I don't need to worry about duplicate pim data. Something else people do is backup the pim.vol file, and then just move it back over after the hard reset. I tried that early on and didn't like it. I'm not sure why I didn't cause it's been 2 years since I tried it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro