PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm
Carrier: Verizon

MikeThaTiger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Black, But On

This started happening a little over a month ago. And just removing the battery or a soft reset would quickly fix the problem. About 2 weeks ago, the screen went the black again but the phone was still on, it would vibrate for a text or calls, but the screen would never come on. Took it to the Verizon store and they told me there was nothing they could do (no insurance) and that I had to upgrade my phone. Only problem with that is I have 3 other lines and cannot afford to upgrade them all at this time, and I do not want to renew my contract as it expires in about 5 months. In the meantime I am using my older phone that I hate.

Pretty much are there any quick fixes that will renew the screen, or am I doomed for 5 months?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Black, But On

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThaTiger View Post
This started happening a little over a month ago. And just removing the battery or a soft reset would quickly fix the problem. About 2 weeks ago, the screen went the black again but the phone was still on, it would vibrate for a text or calls, but the screen would never come on. Took it to the Verizon store and they told me there was nothing they could do (no insurance) and that I had to upgrade my phone. Only problem with that is I have 3 other lines and cannot afford to upgrade them all at this time, and I do not want to renew my contract as it expires in about 5 months. In the meantime I am using my older phone that I hate.

Pretty much are there any quick fixes that will renew the screen, or am I doomed for 5 months?
Doomed, maybe. There's no real quick fix for that hardware failure. There's a few things you can do, like search here about replacing the screen with another from ebay. It's been done.

Also, if you have stuff on your phone you want to get off, or can stand using your phone from a computer, go to this thread ---> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110732 and follow the instructions I posted from the program I found and downloaded. It's lets you fully control your phone from your pc, and it's free. If nothing else, it gives you something to do for 5 months.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro