PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fasttommyv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! stuck in bootloader

my phone was acting really weird all day today. it would randomly freeze up, and whenever i would touch the screen it would do this turn on, turn off, turn on turn off non stop cycle untill i soft reset it. So i decided now is a good time to update my Energy Rom, so I downloaded it and tried to flash it. Everything appeared to go perfectley normal, took about 5 minutes to flash, and it went from 0-100% without any issues. when it finished a gray screen breifly flashed on the device saying something about no image loaded, and it put me into the 3 color screen bootloader. Hard restarting just puts me right back into the bootloader. I have tried flashing several times with other ROMs and the same thing happens. It proceeds like normal, but nothing takes on the phone, and it puts me back to bootloader. One thing to note is on the RUU under Current Version is always blank. I tried Relocking it so i can get it exchanged at the sprint store, but that doesnt even work. Ugh someone please help!

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b
Re: HELP! stuck in bootloader

Update, now the phone wont communicate with the computer and i cant even attempt to flash ROMs anymore
Old 03-01-2010, 02:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

Any help???? Does anyone at least know how to relock it so that I can bring it to the Sprint Store and hopefully get a TP2?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

Yes, I have tried flashing from bootloader, the flashing progressed normally but no image actually takes to the phone after it is finished. Now it wont even flash in bootloader, and I get a communication error. i have not tried flashing from the SD card yet? Might that help? All I need to do is re-lock it, then off to sprint it goes
Old 03-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttommyv View Post
Yes, I have tried flashing from bootloader, the flashing progressed normally but no image actually takes to the phone after it is finished. Now it wont even flash in bootloader, and I get a communication error. i have not tried flashing from the SD card yet? Might that help? All I need to do is re-lock it, then off to sprint it goes
Try taking off your back cover and battery out for a minute. Boot without sd or cover(maybe vol down button is stuck causing bootloader mode everytime?) On your bootloader screen do you see 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX?
Here is the relocker if it still says 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX.
Give it a shot from sd:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

I have pulled the battery multiple times to no sucess. The bootloader says Security Unlocked 0.37 CMONEX. I will try re-locking from the SD card when I get home from work.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I have pulled the battery multiple times to no sucess. The bootloader says Security Unlocked 0.37 CMONEX. I will try re-locking from the SD card when I get home from work.

Thanks for your help.
i only sdflash my tp/tp2, if you need help and dont get answer here, pm me. im pretty good at sdflashing.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

Yikes, it appears that whatever happened also took out the microSD card. Windows cant read it and any attempt at formatting immeaditley fails. I think im going to goto the sprint store and take my chances that they wont care about the security unlocked. Worse comes to worse, i file an assurian claim...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yikes, it appears that whatever happened also took out the microSD card. Windows cant read it and any attempt at formatting immeaditley fails. I think im going to goto the sprint store and take my chances that they wont care about the security unlocked. Worse comes to worse, i file an assurian claim...
Have you tried to format/delete partition from device manager or my computer? Cant imagine assurian would honor that claim cause they'd call it negligence by unlocking it and changing the rom.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

Well the phone decided to work today. I have no idea what happened, but I wanted to show a friend what was happeing and all of a sudden the stock sprint rom booted up. WTF, but okay. The only thing that was different this time around, is taking out my memory card to load the relocker on it, having that not work, and not bothering to reinstall the memory card. Has anyone ever heard of a bad memory card causing a problem like this? Oh well, it was only an old 512 mb card, and the phone seems to be working as good as the stock sprint rom can work.

Thanks for the help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro