PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Neufusion's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (vzw)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20
Reputation: 0
Neufusion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Hey guys, I used to flash my phone with SSK ROMs but they are no longer in development.

I liked SSK mostly because it was tuned for the Verizon Touch Pro (50% less RAMcompared to other carriers).

Any recommendations fo good 6.5 ROMs that run well on Verizon HTC Touch Pro?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 PM
drdrewdown's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Land of Oz
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 615
Reputation: 720
drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

check out RootRom thread. there are some slim versions which others report work well on your crippled device. also this is the wrong area to post questions in, its strictly for Rom Development
__________________
|Sprint|HTC|EVO 4G|EPRP Family 1600|
|Ubuntu|Ultimate Edition 2.4| [Ubuntu 10.04] |KDE 4.2|
http://www.wksportbike.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
accessing's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 706
Reputation: 1355
accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

You can try Twisted Lite
__________________
Thanks button? It's at the corner of this post.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
manuva's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: page plus (sprint touch pro flashed)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 20
Reputation: 5
manuva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufusion View Post
Hey guys, I used to flash my phone with SSK ROMs but they are no longer in development.

I liked SSK mostly because it was tuned for the Verizon Touch Pro (50% less RAMcompared to other carriers).

Any recommendations fo good 6.5 ROMs that run well on Verizon HTC Touch Pro?
Same question here! I'd appreciate any advice!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
jimmur's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Knoxville
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 46
Reputation: 55
jimmur is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

The only one that I have found to give any workable free memory is NFSFAN's. Give it a try.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 PM
wiskydiver1's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel
Location: Waupaca, WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 155
Reputation: 135
wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmur View Post
The only one that I have found to give any workable free memory is NFSFAN's. Give it a try.
I've been wondering about this for some time. How much workable free memory do you have with the stock Rom? I'm assuming it's 6.1 w/TF3D? Just curious.
__________________

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.
__________________
If this post was helpfull, let me know by clicking Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Asphyx's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Las Vegas
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 504
Reputation: 425
Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Guy I would suggest for any VZW user to look towards using a Kitchen instead of a pre-cooked ROM....

No matter how good a ROM you find is, it will still contain some things you will never use (taking up ram you could use elsewhere!) and be missing some things you probably want as well.

Most of the RAM issues of a VZW can be easily overcome if you focus on creating a ROM that cuts out every bit of crap you will never use and only includes those items that absoloutly have to be installed to the device!

All the rest should be left out of the ROM and installed to a storage card leaving precious device ram for operation and display.

I have been cooking using TMartins modified Calkulin Kitchen and I rarely have issues with RAM.
I have also posted quite a few tweaks recently on how to save even more RAM by making changes to opera:config and email storage.

but if you try to flash a ROM that has a ton of unneeded and superfluous apps included all the tweaks in the world won't matter!

I know everyone likes to load up their phones with a ton of APPs for a coolness factor but the truth is a phone has no coolness factor when you have to reset it after every operation!

Look through your phone (and the kitchen when building) and if you haven't used an app in the last month, leave it out of your ROM and if you want install it to a storage card if possible!

The gimped RAM is easy to deal with provided you make a concerted effort to tailor your ROM towards device only apps and absoloute essentials.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
manuva's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: page plus (sprint touch pro flashed)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 20
Reputation: 5
manuva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Hey, could you point me to this kitchen? Also, does the GPS work fine?

All I need is Email & Internet (IE or Opera). Weather & Sense would be gravy!

Appreciate any answers! I'll post any successful ROMs I cook -- I am sure there are a lot of folks in the same boat as us (Verizon 6850 users).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Guy I would suggest for any VZW user to look towards using a Kitchen instead of a pre-cooked ROM....

No matter how good a ROM you find is, it will still contain some things you will never use (taking up ram you could use elsewhere!) and be missing some things you probably want as well.

Most of the RAM issues of a VZW can be easily overcome if you focus on creating a ROM that cuts out every bit of crap you will never use and only includes those items that absoloutly have to be installed to the device!

All the rest should be left out of the ROM and installed to a storage card leaving precious device ram for operation and display.

I have been cooking using TMartins modified Calkulin Kitchen and I rarely have issues with RAM.
I have also posted quite a few tweaks recently on how to save even more RAM by making changes to opera:config and email storage.

but if you try to flash a ROM that has a ton of unneeded and superfluous apps included all the tweaks in the world won't matter!

I know everyone likes to load up their phones with a ton of APPs for a coolness factor but the truth is a phone has no coolness factor when you have to reset it after every operation!

Look through your phone (and the kitchen when building) and if you haven't used an app in the last month, leave it out of your ROM and if you want install it to a storage card if possible!

The gimped RAM is easy to deal with provided you make a concerted effort to tailor your ROM towards device only apps and absoloute essentials.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
bigredtalon's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Grand Rapids MI
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
Reputation: 0
bigredtalon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Yeah posting small ROMs would be appreciated. I have been using Energy's ROMs for almost a year now, and for whatever reason (maybe he keeps making them bigger??), hist last release is unusable on my Verizon Touch Pro. This is the breakdown WITHOUT TF3D....

Verizon TP: 192MB
Program Memory: 100.02 MB
In Use: 95.53MB (this is right after a soft reset)
Free: 4.49MB

I get a "Memory Critically Low" message about every 2 minutes, or every time I try to call, email, text, etc.

The funny thing is usually his ROMs leave me with about 145M of Program Memory, so I don't understand what happened with the last few that he decided needed to be much larger. Or maybe I am doing something wrong, I won't rule out that possibility.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com