PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Radio" Questions

So I understand WHAT a "Radio" is - its a ROM for the antennas basically (voice, data, WiFi, GPS etc). It can be flashed just like a normal ROM. Correct me if this is wrong.

I am just curious when a radio flash is needed. I have a CDMA Touch Pro (US Cellular) and have flashed a few different ROMs. MightROM, Energy and a few others. I'm sticking with Energy for now. In short, other than a few ROM specific problems, I have had no other problems. Texts, voice, data and GPS work all fine (although no MMS). Does this fall under "if it aint broke, dont fix it?" Basically, when do I need to flash a new radio?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: "Radio" Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
So I understand WHAT a "Radio" is - its a ROM for the antennas basically (voice, data, WiFi, GPS etc). It can be flashed just like a normal ROM. Correct me if this is wrong.

I am just curious when a radio flash is needed. I have a CDMA Touch Pro (US Cellular) and have flashed a few different ROMs. MightROM, Energy and a few others. I'm sticking with Energy for now. In short, other than a few ROM specific problems, I have had no other problems. Texts, voice, data and GPS work all fine (although no MMS). Does this fall under "if it aint broke, dont fix it?" Basically, when do I need to flash a new radio?
Keep in mind that I have a Touch
The times that I flash a radio are for reception battery performance. I sometimes travel up by the ski resorts and for that I find that 3.42.30 gives me better reception but for around town I use 3.42.50 for better battery and when I go to the desert I use 3.42.40 (ported from Titan) for extreamly better reception.
Other times that may require a radio flash:
if you really screw up your phone and loose the radio somehow.
If you like to experiment
As for the MMS is it in your plan do you have arcsoft or a similar program installed.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 11-06-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

snipper_cr is just getting started

Using GoogleMaps, it takes over a minute for the GPS to go active and get my location. Do you think that requires a new radio? Otherwise the data and phone work great.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Using GoogleMaps, it takes over a minute for the GPS to go active and get my location. Do you think that requires a new radio? Otherwise the data and phone work great.
You can try different Radios and see what works best. Just always remember to flash a radio specified for your device and it must be GPS enabled.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you are using one of the 1.12.xx you have to delete a certain reg key in order for it to lock in faster. Just like whitey said, people do it to improve reception and battery life. SO try em out and see how they work for you.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

is there a thread somewhere for diff radio versions? mine is whatever came on it from sprint. 1.. something...

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

here ya go cutie a link to the TP radio thread. dont be afraid to hit the search button up top

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422
Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: c spire (cellular south)

vanu is a n00b

my htc touch pro is unable to recieve network signals for calling
after upgrading cellular south carrier phone to US Cellular.
what wrong have i done and what is solution for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro