PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

With Energy ROM, make sure you are putting the pagepool to 12MB before flashing. I hear this is the best pagepool size for the Verizon TP. I think it's set to 20MB by default on most of the Energy ROMs.

Google pagepool changer site:forum.ppcgeeks.com and you should find it if you don't already have it.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuva View Post
Hey, could you point me to this kitchen? Also, does the GPS work fine?

All I need is Email & Internet (IE or Opera). Weather & Sense would be gravy!

Appreciate any answers! I'll post any successful ROMs I cook -- I am sure there are a lot of folks in the same boat as us (Verizon 6850 users).
It's in the CDMA Upgrade Section.
try this one it is TMartin's newest update to Cal's Kitchen...
I am currently using the one he relased before that.
http://mobileunderground.info/tmarti...chen%20v4.3.7z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schoust is a n00b

Hey Guy's I really would love to know just how much memory is left after starting Touch Flow on the stock Verizon Rom? I am begining to thing the reason that myphone has had to be reset soooo many times is because it simply does not have enogh memory to egt the job done.End of story. Is this the case? If so what's the fix? They (Big Red) have NO CLUE...Tanks
Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Overmann is just getting started

About 50-55% memory used with standard interface, 75%-80% with TF3D enabled.

I also would like to get a WM6.5 ROM with no more than 60% memory used on a clean boot. As well as working MMS and YouTube.

Currently, I got the Baseline ROM because it is the only one so far that leaves more than 20 MB of RAM free (45-55 MB) and has working MMS configurable. But it doesn't have YouTube integrated, and getting it working is rather difficult. Energy has MMS and YouTube, but even with everything trimmed down, it has 22 MB of RAM free on a clean start.

Last edited by Overmann; 03-07-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufusion View Post
Hey guys, I used to flash my phone with SSK ROMs but they are no longer in development.

I liked SSK mostly because it was tuned for the Verizon Touch Pro (50% less RAMcompared to other carriers).

Any recommendations fo good 6.5 ROMs that run well on Verizon HTC Touch Pro?
since you and I are both on vzw I have to flash "skinned" roms (or roms that have very little in the build) Im havign great luck with Copper Rom and NFSFans 6.5 rom. After all the apps I want are installed and contacts are placed back on the phone, I am currently at...43.70mb of free memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredtalon View Post
Yeah posting small ROMs would be appreciated. I have been using Energy's ROMs for almost a year now, and for whatever reason (maybe he keeps making them bigger??), hist last release is unusable on my Verizon Touch Pro. This is the breakdown WITHOUT TF3D....

Verizon TP: 192MB
Program Memory: 100.02 MB
In Use: 95.53MB (this is right after a soft reset)
Free: 4.49MB

I get a "Memory Critically Low" message about every 2 minutes, or every time I try to call, email, text, etc.

The funny thing is usually his ROMs leave me with about 145M of Program Memory, so I don't understand what happened with the last few that he decided needed to be much larger. Or maybe I am doing something wrong, I won't rule out that possibility.
when you look at the .nbh memory, what I always try to do is choose one that has the least amount of memory. The current one I loved but didnt have enough memory on my phone to even reinstall my contacts. Its not his fault whatsoever and I doubt you are doing naything wrong since I have to watch every rom I download and make sure it isnt loaded since that will leave me with only 4mb of free space...apparently WM doesnt like to run on anything less then 20mb (from my experience) you can blame VZW for giving us the gimped version of an otherwise great device.

one last thing...ive found its better to use Titanium version since manilia/sense takes up more memory on the phone

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"

Last edited by Weapondrift; 03-07-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As a basic guideline you want to build a rom that leaves you in the 50% area of free memory after customization.

If you find your around 60% try reduing the pagepool (you can go as low as 4 on PP)
HTC Sense I have noticed takes up a lot more RAM than the old Manila...Lots of reasons for this like way more graphics (Weather anims, Dialer Skins, VGA Resizer daemons for the dialer)

This is why people are having so many RAM issues reently on VZW....
You really have to strip out as much as possible from the ROM and try to store as much as possible on the Storage card....
Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: page plus (sprint touch pro flashed)

manuva is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
It's in the CDMA Upgrade Section.
try this one it is TMartin's newest update to Cal's Kitchen...
I am currently using the one he relased before that.
http://mobileunderground.info/tmartin09/Kitchens/TMartin's%20VGA%20Sense%202.5%20Kitchen%20v4.3.7z
Thanks! I'll try to get my hands dirty and give it a shot.

I have been using NFSFAN's ROM with Titanium. I start out with 48MB free. It mostly works -- I do run cleanRAM quite often though...
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuva View Post
Thanks! I'll try to get my hands dirty and give it a shot.

I have been using NFSFAN's ROM with Titanium. I start out with 48MB free. It mostly works -- I do run cleanRAM quite often though...
Well remember what you have available as RAM after a flash is going to get reduced over time and usage because most operations like email and Web browsing store the data from those activities on the device!

Clean Ram will help short term but there is a point of no return where a hard reset is needed to clean things properly.

You can extend the lifetime between hard resets by configuring email and Opera to save it's data onto the storage card.

Email can be configured to use Storage card in the Accounts control panel.
For Opera tweaks type opera:config into your browser and change the user prefs - Directory4 from windows/opera/etc to storage card/opera/etc
Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc raphael
Carrier: ufone

viksy is a n00b

the link is broken ! i need this kitchen please

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro