PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardresets How often??

Hey Guy's well once again I will be getting another Touch Pro infact this is the fourth phone now and know matter what I say they will not give in and give me something else Verizon )that is. The last time I had an issue that told me that they were going to give me an Image that never showed up? I called and they tell me that they are out of stock and all that was available was yet another Touch Pro. Wow this is getting ridiculous! How often do you hard reset your devices? Do you guy's have trouble with the Touch flow hanging and not being able to come up on line? My phone will sit there with a blue screen for what seems like an eternity! These phones are not reliable when used as a smart phone! Do you guiy's reset then start up on your own or does Big Red have to know each and every time? Getting tired of tech support telling me how sorry that they are knowing full well they could care less.. Can't wait to see how mobile 7 will be I have another six months before contract expiration....
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Hardresets How often??

The family Touch Pro I have was recently lost; however, hard resets were rarely done due to the device itself. Playing was normally the reason and is the reason today with my Touch Pro 2.

As for contracts, my own phones are paid for in full; the last contract phone I purchased was for my youngest son. I frankly do not care to worry with contracts and specials and all of those other things. Buy it and no worry about penalties, much easier.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i only hard reset after a flash. every once and a while i have to do a soft reset but thats rare. with the rom im running and SPB mobile shell with sense UI running im sitting right around the 50% mark with it sometimes going as high as 56%. you may would to think about a new rom.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

You know I have been told this before about trying a different Rom but frankly I have plenty of on board memory left and I have no explanation at all for what the causes are? I have run the phone with zero apps and it still freaks out and Locks! Well it's pretty clear that big Red is not going to give in 1 inch as far as giving me another phone goes because I continue to get the refurbished Touch pro 1. So what Rom would you recommend? And is there a way to get rid of it in the event that the phone has to go back? By the way I don't own the Phone it's a Company Perk....
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Guy's when hard resetting is Verizon needed to follow through with the procedure? I mean it would be nice if my device got Fubared I could simply hard reset and be back on line momentarily? Is there a procedure that one can do without the there help??
Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Guy's when hard resetting is Verizon needed to follow through with the procedure? I mean it would be nice if my device got Fubared I could simply hard reset and be back on line momentarily? Is there a procedure that one can do without the there help??
Thanks
Sure, There are 2 options:

Option 1:
Start -> Settings -> System -> Clear Storage

Option 2:
With Phone powered off:
Hold Vol Down, Center button, and Power - You should be prompted to press the Vol Up key to reset the phone to factory defaults

After doing this, you MAY have to dial *228 to re-provision, but that should only really be necessary when you flash a ROM that is not carrier specific I believe. I'm a Sprint guy, so I'm not 100% positive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no vol down press and hold needed for the VZN TP. all you need to do is press and hold the center "OK" button and press and hold the soft reset.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Ok so then just dial *228? There is no interaction with big Red?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

you shouldnt have to do a *228 after a hard reset. if you want to do it then thats fine but its not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro