PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro Owners, who's planning to switch to T-Mobile and get an HD2?
Currently with Sprint and will switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 6 31.58%
Currently with Verizon and will switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 0 0%
Currently with Sprint and will not switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 4 21.05%
Currently with Verizon and will not switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 2 10.53%
I'm on a CDMA network not mentioned and will switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 0 0%
I'm on a CDMA network not mentioned and will not switch to T-Mobile for an HD2 1 5.26%
I'll make up my mind later 5 26.32%
I'm a GSM Touch Pro owner and just wanted to click on this poll anyway 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro Owners, who's planning to switch to T-Mobile and get an HD2?

I figure any AT&T Touch Pro owners will likely find a means to get a T-Mobile HD2 working with AT&T if they want. But for us currently with a CDMA service such as Verizon or Sprint, we'll need to switch networks if we want an HTC HD2 once T-Mobile starts selling it.

For me, the HD 2 is the first really worthwhile move since the Touch Pro I already have. (Any fans of the Touch Pro 2, please let's not clutter this thread with debate. I'm not saying the Touch Pro 2 is bad, it's just not something I was personally strongly moved by.)

So I'm planning to make the jump from Sprint to T-Mobile and get an HD2. Probably after I see enough actual user reports that confirm the T-Mobile HD2 is as nice or better than current HD2s already out. (I mean, I don't want to jump first day and there be some odd bug in the T-Mobile version. I can wait a little bit to be sure.)

I'm also tired of not being able to do voice and data at the same time. I also hope the T-Mobile HD2 has fully functional FM radio. I'm still ticked that Sprint's Touch Pro FM radio was intentionally hobbled.

So feel free to chime in with your take.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro Owners, who's planning to switch to T-Mobile and get an

Not switching because I wouldn't want to lose my SERO plan. If I had a different plan, I'd probably switch.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro Owners, who's planning to switch to T-Mobile and get an

If I can get the HD2 with WP7S on SERO, I'd stick with Sprint, otherwise I have no reason to stick around.

All's I know is that the sun is setting on SERO being a good deal since we can't seem to get any good phones for it, and EP+ isn't really that much cheaper than T-mo's plans.

All depends on what's going on come Back To School time (When my 2-year device credit comes back around).
Old 02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

WHy would anyone really switch just for a Phone? The phone will be replaced in 1 year. The phone will sure have a counterpart in other carriers. The only reason I see people switching is bcoz they find t-mo has a better plan for a specific individual,better coverage in their area, needs a gsm phone to for travelling. Then the HD2 is just a bonus.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Cool Re: Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro Owners, who's planning to switch to T-Mobile and get an

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykie View Post
...and EP+ isn't really that much cheaper than T-mo's plans.
Sprint's Simply Everything plan costs $99.99, but T-Mobile's similar plan named "Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web" costs just $79.99. If it's about price on unlimited voice and data, T-Mobile wins hands down. Sprint tries to claim the extra for their service is worth it because of things like Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV.

For folks with SERO, all I can say is milk that cow till it's dead .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
WHy would anyone really switch just for a Phone? The phone will be replaced in 1 year. The phone will sure have a counterpart in other carriers. The only reason I see people switching is bcoz they find t-mo has a better plan for a specific individual,better coverage in their area, needs a gsm phone to for travelling. Then the HD2 is just a bonus.
If someone really likes the phone and does not care to wait for another carrier to get it. But as I mentioned above, even from a price standpoint T-Mobile has the edge.

For me, it's as I mentioned, the device, plus simultaneous voice + data, plus being able to use all device features.

I've been waiting long enough for Sprint to figure out how to do voice + data over CDMA. I'm done with having to deal with my GPS not being able to pull traffic data while I'm on a call. And after the FM radio mess, I'd need SERO to stay with Sprint .

To me, switching carriers is not a big deal at all. It's not like the days when switching carriers required a new phone number.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

i love the hd2 but leave verizon for a great phone on a bad carrier!! thats a no go!! now as a second line maybe(prepaid)

Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor

D, I'd say do it T-Mo had good service in your area. For me TMO service is very poor. I also get 25% off my current old Everything Plan. The HD2 has to have a ton of bells and whistles for me to consider. I have 9 months left on my Sprint plan. By then a newer device will be released. I'm still rocking the oldies. I don't even own a 2009 device. Sad part is I'm fine with it.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This could just be on my side of things but I have the SPRINT EVERYTHING plan and dont pay alot for it...

I was sent a notice from SPRINT that they were upgrading my account for FREE (dont know if that happened to anyone else). Nonetheless, I have a total of 4 lines, all with the EVERYTHING service from sprint. Unlimited sms, mms, calling, and web (up to 5gb I think is the limit) on all 4 phones and my grand total is about $160 a month. I would not switch companies unless one of those companies decides they can beat this deal.

I like the HD2 but I know sprint will have a WinPho7 device once it is released, I can then use my upgrade toward it and keep my current TP (w/WinMo 6.5.3 dualbooting to XDAndroid) as a test device for development.

I dont know if anyone has a deal like this, if you dont, check with sprint. They gave us the upgraded plan for FREE!!! (that is, no extra charge from my current bill)
Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
D, I'd say do it T-Mo had good service in your area. For me TMO service is very poor. I also get 25% off my current old Everything Plan. The HD2 has to have a ton of bells and whistles for me to consider. I have 9 months left on my Sprint plan. By then a newer device will be released. I'm still rocking the oldies. I don't even own a 2009 device. Sad part is I'm fine with it.
Our friend who switched to T-Mobile recently has confirmed for us the service really is good around these parts. And T-Mobile has a sizable office building in the area. So I guess it only makes sense they'd provide decent service here. I've checked other areas I frequent and the service is as good or even a little better than what I get with Sprint. There are some areas I frequent now where Sprint drops dead, but T-Mobile has coverage.

One of our lines still has some contract time on it, but the savings of switching will offset the contract break fee and more in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
This could just be on my side of things but I have the SPRINT EVERYTHING plan and dont pay alot for it...

I was sent a notice from SPRINT that they were upgrading my account for FREE (dont know if that happened to anyone else). Nonetheless, I have a total of 4 lines, all with the EVERYTHING service from sprint. Unlimited sms, mms, calling, and web (up to 5gb I think is the limit) on all 4 phones and my grand total is about $160 a month. I would not switch companies unless one of those companies decides they can beat this deal.

I like the HD2 but I know sprint will have a WinPho7 device once it is released, I can then use my upgrade toward it and keep my current TP (w/WinMo 6.5.3 dualbooting to XDAndroid) as a test device for development.

I dont know if anyone has a deal like this, if you dont, check with sprint. They gave us the upgraded plan for FREE!!! (that is, no extra charge from my current bill)
That deal you have is nothing short of impressive. Especially with 4 lines. T-Mobile has a Family plan that's only $139.99 for 2 lines, but fees for additional lines make the total add up to well over $160 for 4 lines.

With AT&T being the favored "partner" with MS for WM7, I wonder what that might mean in terms of goodies that AT&T customers will get and the rest of us won't see? MS is obviously trying to get some IPhone users to switch while saying with the same network.

For me, the HD2 is "it" for the moment. There's still several things about WM7 that will keep me from using it for a while.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Sprint's Simply Everything plan costs $99.99, but T-Mobile's similar plan named "Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web" costs just $79.99. If it's about price on unlimited voice and data, T-Mobile wins hands down. Sprint tries to claim the extra for their service is worth it because of things like Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV.

For folks with SERO, all I can say is milk that cow till it's dead .

If someone really likes the phone and does not care to wait for another carrier to get it. But as I mentioned above, even from a price standpoint T-Mobile has the edge.

For me, it's as I mentioned, the device, plus simultaneous voice + data, plus being able to use all device features.

I've been waiting long enough for Sprint to figure out how to do voice + data over CDMA. I'm done with having to deal with my GPS not being able to pull traffic data while I'm on a call. And after the FM radio mess, I'd need SERO to stay with Sprint .

To me, switching carriers is not a big deal at all. It's not like the days when switching carriers required a new phone number.
If someone really likes the device and carriers don't matter, They already bought it a long time ago b4 anybody found out about t-mo's is getting it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro