PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

amirborna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Touch Pro cricket flash won't text

My touch pro on cricket won't text.

I baught it pre flashed form some guy.

I can go internet, talk, RECEIVE text, do everything, GPS, MINUS text people

Ive had it for a year and i havent sent a single text and i'm getting tired and want to text

i'm using energy rom right now,

I first got it form the dude with whatever rom he was using, it didn't text.

I used Touch Pro Cricket Rom in CMDA touch pro forums, that didn't work

now I use energy rom it still doesn't work.

I think its in the settings where you mess with connection with the towers

someone help me please?
Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/2502; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

hey man i never had an issue till a week ago when i tried updating some things. however i flashed back to my previous rom and its back to normal. if i had a way to upload my rom i can give it to you. its a very stable rom.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

akaruna is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

thats wierd... its not the rom, it might be the phone or cricket. go into a store and have them refresh ur account and then try it again. ive used silence, energy, and a couple of other roms but they dont seem to mess with sms. so it might be ur phone or it might just be cricket...

2mb speed test results
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/2502; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

no it is the rom as i just explained. its not cricket or the phone. trust me. i just went through the same problem. im willing to bet the text is still inside the outbox waiting to be sent. and nothing is in the sent folder. please view the thread by me involving the same exact issue. a soft flash guarentees the voice and sms services will work. that is caused by the prl file. so if incomming and voice works then outgoing works. something inside the rom is blocking outgoing. as i just ran into the same issue. im going to locate the issue inside the kitchen and when i do ill release a new cricket rom.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

jjohnzon is a n00b
Re: My Touch Pro cricket flash won't text

It's cricket. call them and have them reset you account.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would say that it is on crickets end and possibly with verisign. If cricket does not get it sorted out in 3 days or less send me a PM and I'll give some further info on who else to call and what to tell them. Also just curious is your number a ported number. Like from AT&T or Sprint over to cricket.

This is a wide spread issue with ported numbers not only with cricket.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 02-16-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

.... wow... Ok. Its amazing how nobody is listening. Its not cricket. Call cricket, go to the store all you want, have them refresh your account a trillion times, *228 as many times as you wish. The problem WILL NOT FIX! There is a peice of software inside the damn rom that is blocking the SMS. I'll put money on it! I know because I just fixed this damn problem! Cricket didn't do it! I did it. With a rom I built myself.

CALLING CRICKET TO RESET THE ACCOUNT ***WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM***
Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
.... wow... Ok. Its amazing how nobody is listening. Its not cricket. Call cricket, go to the store all you want, have them refresh your account a trillion times, *228 as many times as you wish. The problem WILL NOT FIX! There is a peice of software inside the damn rom that is blocking the SMS. I'll put money on it! I know because I just fixed this damn problem! Cricket didn't do it! I did it. With a rom I built myself.

CALLING CRICKET TO RESET THE ACCOUNT ***WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM***
Ok the OP said he has used three ROMS and none work, if it is software what software is it then. I only know of the issue because 19 months ago when I ported my number from Boost I had the EXACT same problem it took cricket 3 weeks to sort it out. I flash phones to cricket and this is not a limited issue to a TP or any device specific. In your case you may have had something in the arcsoft that was bad. But in general it is on crickets end... And you are right resetting the account will not work it goes a lot deeper then that.

Note to OP if you want my help PM me.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok well I'm building a rom right now to see if it is...

In the mean time to figure it out, I sugjest going through the RyanMogul's EPST settings. Its what I use all the time, I used it on my Mogul, Touch Pro, and Diamond and it never fails me.

RyanMogul's EPST Settings:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507276

On top of that you might need a PRL File. I have the basic 1050 and my Albuquerque, NM PRL. But you can find your PRL anywhere.

I use these two cabs everytime I install a rom, just to make sure my Arcsoft MMS and WAP Settings are right. I never have any issues with this.

I mainly stick to Caulkins Kitchen just because its more up to date and has Cricket settings installed in it. However I don't ever worry about the cricket carrier settings he has because I just like to be safe and use the two cabs I've attached.

Honestly don't call Cricket. Go into the store. Assure them that it is a fully flashed phone. They always try to pull that shit "this is not a cricket phone so therefore most of cricket services wont work on it".... Its just BS because they are idiots.

I'm workin on the rom and when I'm finished and tested to make sure it works, I'll find a way to upload it and you can try it.

Last edited by nFiniti; 02-16-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111198

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro