PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Text come in but doesn't go out?

I got in the mood for a little change the other day, so I downloaded the RSTG's EST's for Caulkins Kitchen. I been using Caulkins kitchen for some time now and love it. Just wanted the new SenseUI. Ever since then I have been unable to send text messages. I can receive them but when I send, it just goes to the outbox and stays there. I didn't realize till my wife got upset with me for not responding to her when it involved something important and I went into my outbox and saw tons of non sent messages.

can someone explain to me why this happened?

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Text come in but doesn't go out?

Have you tried sending the messages through the WinMo side and not Sense? It appears some people were having issues... there is a cab out there to be able to disable the Sense sms/mms and take you back to the original WinMo one. That seems to fix the issue. Its here in the forums, not sure of the name but... I will try and post it when I get home for you.

EDIT: Here is the link for Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging for Sense 2.5

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Tw...ng-82632.shtml

Last edited by mapaz04; 02-14-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Found file link
Old 02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Yes, I've done both. Originally when I was trying to do it through sense, it would restart senseui.... it was messed up involving the contacts. Wouldn't let me setup favorite contacts and what not.... even if I tried viewing a contact's info it wouldn't. Unless I used WinMo's. But if I go to Messaging, create new message and send, it acts like it sent. But it just stays in outbox and does not go anywhere.

I've just confirmed EVERYTHING with my phone works except outgoing text. Incomming Text, Outgoing and incoming phone calls work, Incoming text works, incoming MMS and Outgoing MMS work, and web works flawless. Its only Outgoing Text that is failing.

And currently (because of the issue) I'm back on the old Manila 2.1 v1.5. The original from Caulkins Kitchen, which is what I been using for a while.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Did the kitchen include the files for ARCSOFT? Did you select them? I dont know if this is what you may be missing because sprint uses MMS and SMS differently. After that, you have me stomped. I am currently downloading the kitchen you are using to see what will happen with my TP. I will let you know some results hopefully by tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I always have Arcsoft selected. But as soon as the rom is completed I run two cabs which deletes the arcsoft and installs a cricket version of arcsoft.

I haven't tried just a plain caulkins kitchen rom just yet... since the problem started. So I'm not sure what the issue might be. But usually the voice and sms is all involving the soft flash and is always built into the phone once flashed. Which has nothing to do with the roms.

I'm unsure if cricket has a new prl file and that might be the cause, because for some reason I have been unable to *228 this phone and a couple others for the past year. but before I was able to.... Maybe cricket changed something.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started

Try the CAB posted in the second post by mapaz04, I use NRG ROM, and I had the same issue. After I installed the CAB, worked fine.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/2502; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

ok update. i forgot i had my previous rom saved on my hard drive. so i just installed it and everything works. so it has to be something selected on my new updates. ill figure it out.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/2502; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

ok update. i forgot i had my previous rom saved on my hard drive. so i just installed it and everything works. so it has to be something selected on my new updates. ill figure it out.
I experianced the same issue with the newer sense build from NFSF, MOST people have the problem solved by flash dancing to the new build as well as a hard reset after initial install. In my paticular situation neither fixed it even a clear storage after the hardreset. So in my opinon it may be build specfic, cause flashing back to my previous rom did fix my issue as well.
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Its not build specific. Its something involving the Sense UI, not the old manila. I been screwing around with things, and notice when everything is working fine, its working fine. BUT when its not... Text messages come in with the letters "GSM" at the end of the message....

Any idea on what that might be?

I can get Sense UI 2.1 to work good, only issue is the text messaging problem.

Sense UI 2.5 I can get to work, but hardly anything is working. No slider or icons for the slider. And half the bottom buttons don't work. Adding a contact or stuff like that doesn't work so I don't know wtf I need to select with the RSTG's EXT's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro