PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint-pcs

gagliardo17 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling All ppcgeeks!

So i have the touch pro and this problem for quite some time. ive decided i can no longer bare with this problem.My keyboard has a weird thing going on. When i type anything it doesn't show up till i hit the space key. Example. ill type (....) and it wont show on my screen till i hit the space key. then sometimes it misses a letter or spaces. Same thing with the delete and arrows keys. none work till the space key is hit... Any help and a way to be fixed is more than greatly appreciated thank you all!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz
Re: Calling All ppcgeeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagliardo17 View Post
So i have the touch pro and this problem for quite some time. ive decided i can no longer bare with this problem.My keyboard has a weird thing going on. When i type anything it doesn't show up till i hit the space key. Example. ill type (....) and it wont show on my screen till i hit the space key. then sometimes it misses a letter or spaces. Same thing with the delete and arrows keys. none work till the space key is hit... Any help and a way to be fixed is more than greatly appreciated thank you all!

The last time i had this problem it was linked to the text count, slowing down my keyboard responsiveness, also check input method, another time it was build related so... but I no longer have this issue, running NFSF's rom 1.03b or 1.04. So to its specfics i dont know, but those are a couple of things you can try.
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:46 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

like he said, try a different rom.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
like he said, try a different rom.
Also, I had this problem on both the stock and the customs. Found out a little bit of grit got between a couple of the keys.

When the phone is either asleep or totally off, with the slide open, use your thumbnail between the keys, back and forth, up and down, quite a few times until you've scraped between each key well. power back on and try again. Might take a few times to get it all.

Found out all it takes is a single grain of misplaced sand to screw the whole keyboard up.

Of course, you can always go my route. Install Swype. Haven't used the hard keyboard since. I can hit damn near 40 words per minute with swype. Full words too, not just "idk" and "lol" and iirc"

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro