PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel HTC Touch Pro

Pardon the noob question possibly. I havent bought the phone yet, but i plan on buying a HTC Touch Pro off ebay once i get my tax return money back and ive been seeing alot of Alltel versions of the phone posted on there as Alltel/Verizon HTC Touch Pro.

Its my understanding that Verizon bought out Alltel? or something of that nature. Besides that fact, Alltel runs on CDMA just like VZW so the Alltel Touch Pro would be compatible with VZw's network correct?

ok that was my first question, my second being, I know that Verizon basically put their version of the Touch Pro in special Ed by cutting down its ram and such. Is this the same for the Alltel phone? Im thinking if the Alltel Touch Pro will work on Vzw and it doesnt have the retardation of the Vzw Touch Pro then i should go that route right?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

1. you'll have to check with verizon first.
2. the Alltel Touch Pro isnt like the VZW TP. Alltel's tp has the regular amount of memory as the sprint or any other touch pro(besides vzw's).
Old 02-09-2010, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks, has anyone had experience with this? ive found a few threads on this subject but theyre all old and throughout the thread it seemed like the answer to my 1st question would change.

Any recent news on this? would i possibly be able to modify some settings/files on the phone to make it work? I would really like to just be able to buy the phone and activate it with Vzw without changing anything so really i'd like to know if anyone has ever done that?

tl;dr
alltel phone off ebay, will it activate on Vzw with no modifications?
with modifications? if so, what mods?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I would check with Verizon first. Can you get the ESN of the phone you are bidding on?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jdpiii3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
Pardon the noob question possibly. I havent bought the phone yet, but i plan on buying a HTC Touch Pro off ebay once i get my tax return money back and ive been seeing alot of Alltel versions of the phone posted on there as Alltel/Verizon HTC Touch Pro.

Its my understanding that Verizon bought out Alltel? or something of that nature. Besides that fact, Alltel runs on CDMA just like VZW so the Alltel Touch Pro would be compatible with VZw's network correct?

ok that was my first question, my second being, I know that Verizon basically put their version of the Touch Pro in special Ed by cutting down its ram and such. Is this the same for the Alltel phone? Im thinking if the Alltel Touch Pro will work on Vzw and it doesnt have the retardation of the Vzw Touch Pro then i should go that route right?
I have the Alltel HTC Touch Pro on the Verizon network but I had the phone when I was on Alltel, from what I have been told they aren't accepting new esn's of Alltel Touch Pros "if you didnt have in on Alltel" you'll have to put up a fight to get the esn on verizon network.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

I have been trying for a year to get my diamond on verizon, it is currently on an alltel prepaid plan, I plan on moving it over to a regular alltel plan (if what their cust services said that since I own the phone I only have to pay around $5/month for the data connection, but we will see)

anyways, alltel will take your phone if you own it, but verizon will not, the only way to get it on verizon is to be in one of the areas that alltel is switching to verizon and you change your alltel plan to a verizon plan, after you put your phone on the alltel plan, verizon then has no choice but to allow you to put it on verizon
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Verizon will NOT activate a alltel phone unless you had alltel and were switched. And still you might have to jump hoops to get it in.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thank you guys! it really sucks that Vzw has to be such *******s about it. The Alltel version of the phone not only performs better but also looks it imo. not to mention it doesnt have the retarded arrow key in between the N and the M on the qwerty keyboard... But from what ive seen it IS possible with a sprint phone? with some modifications?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro