PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ESNs and Asurion

If I lost a phone and claimed it through Asurion, do they block the ESN on all carriers? I found the phone recently, it was under a metal brace under the seat in my car, and the battery was dead, so I couldn't see it or hear it! But I want to give it to my friend who has MetroPCS, will the phone work on that carrier? My phone was a Sprint phone. I'd hate to have to throw it away(recycle it).
Old 02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: ESNs and Asurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knexx View Post
If I lost a phone and claimed it through Asurion, do they block the ESN on all carriers? I found the phone recently, it was under a metal brace under the seat in my car, and the battery was dead, so I couldn't see it or hear it! But I want to give it to my friend who has MetroPCS, will the phone work on that carrier? My phone was a Sprint phone. I'd hate to have to throw it away(recycle it).
On the Sprint web site there is a way to update the phone on your account. Basically you go, key in the ESN and that phone is now the phone listed on your account. I say give it a try. If it allows the ESN to be registererd, you've got your phone back.

Heck, what if you called Asurion and admitted that you found the phone?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 02-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

yea i believe once it is reported lost or stolen the esn is flagged and trying to use the update the phone feature(swapping out online) will say the esn can not be activated. but like it was said above give it a try. as far as giving it to someone to use on another carrier, all the little cellphone shops now days flashes phone for 20-30 bucks. i have no idea what metro pcs is but usually you have to unlock the phone from sprint before other carriers can activate them. that is done with a flash. and when they flash over the sprint esn means nothing. it only matters if they are trying to reactivate the phone with sprint
Old 02-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flash away brother! It's only blacklisted with Sprint. Metro does a Metroflash and a Metro dealer can give those details to your buddy. But if it powers on and he's in a CDMA area and not a AWS area he's good to go. I do know that Metroflash will require the phone have the shipped carrier ROM and will only initially flash talk/text. WAP/MMS will be upto the end user.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

agreed with whitey, its only blacklisted on sprint. you/your friend with have no problems flashing it for and activating it on cricket.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250
Threadstarter

knexx is a n00b

Ok, thanks. The bastard is lucky I'm not charging him! He's getting an almost new Touch Pro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro