PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ockavano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forgot Password Won't Unlock

I fell in the water with my phone in my pocket(good one huh?), anyhow it wouldn't turn on or anything. I put it in a bag of rice and meditated...no luck. So this was 6 months ago, turned the phone on and it worked. Only problem is that I cannot remember the Pin! Tried to hard reset it(VD+E+P), but there must be some internal damage to the buttons because it won't take a hard reset. I took it to 3 different sprint stores and they couldn't do it either. Is there any way some kind of ROM software could do this? Thanks in advance. I now have a TP2, but my friend wants the TP1 badly but has no money.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Forgot Password Won't Unlock

if the phone was replaced by the TP2 and the TP wasnt returned he cant use it. the ESN would have been blacklisted by sprint. if thats not the case then when you power it up does it activesync? if so then you could flash a new rom. if it doesnt then your pretty much screwed. have you tried the last for of your phone number at the time of the damage?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ockavano is a n00b

It is out of the system, I called but I can prove that I bought it through sprint. I cannot remember the password, I had a 8 digit password that I changed all the time because of my girlfriend(long complicated story). Since so much time had past, I don't remember it. It won't sync because of the password. You think a SD card with the proper programs on it could manually flash the ROM without the password?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockavano View Post
It is out of the system, I called but I can prove that I bought it through sprint. I cannot remember the password, I had a 8 digit password that I changed all the time because of my girlfriend(long complicated story). Since so much time had past, I don't remember it. It won't sync because of the password. You think a SD card with the proper programs on it could manually flash the ROM without the password?
can you manually put it in bootloader? if you can, then put it in bootloader and flash another rom..might work
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ockavano is a n00b

How do you manually put it in bootloader?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ockavano is a n00b

Sorry, just read how to do it...yes that has been done. The power button just makes the screen blink back and forth. I guess it is junk now, but the phone must work because when the lock screen comes up the correct time and reminders start coming up??
Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lol961 is just getting started

Quote:
How do you manually put it in bootloader?
To Put It On BootLoader Hold The Power Button And Hold The Volume Down Button at the same time. While Holding It Take Your Phones Pen And Stick It Up The Reset Button into you see the tri color screen

^^^ Home Internet.. Wack Upload.

^^^ HTC Touch Pro.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
I fell in the water with my phone in my pocket(good one huh?), anyhow it wouldn't turn on or anything. I put it in a bag of rice and meditated...no luck. So this was 6 months ago, turned the phone on and it worked. Only problem is that I cannot remember the Pin! Tried to hard reset it(VD+E+P), but there must be some internal damage to the buttons because it won't take a hard reset. I took it to 3 different sprint stores and they couldn't do it either. Is there any way some kind of ROM software could do this? Thanks in advance. I now have a TP2, but my friend wants the TP1 badly but has no money.
Was it in the bag of rice for 6 months lol?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ockavano is a n00b

Nope, just left it in my car the rest of the summer. I tried the bag of rice thing for 3 days and it didn't work. But the phone was in the water for a long time. It was in my cargo shorts and a wave hit the boat as I was handing a wakeboard to my son. Then to make matters worse I couldn't get the darn body glove cover off to get my battery out of there cause the phone was still on and working. Just hate to see things go to waste. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

even though its locked it should still go into bootloader. charge it and even with it in bootloader you can still flash a rom without activsync. have done it several times. or you can use the SD card. either should work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
lock, security, unlock, water damage