PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Who Cares?

Zlatko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you load a new rom via an SD Card only?

Hi guys, i'm trying to figure this out, and i did a search, but there's just too much stuff to sift through.

Is there any way to load a WM6.5 rom onto my HTC Touch PRO with just an SD card?

My activesync and my usb drive no longer work.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Re: Can you load a new rom via an SD Card only?

please see the thread posted in the stickys, its about 5 threads above your post.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O
Carrier: Sprint

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jacker

Yup , you sure can.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

thread where directions are located.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lightbulb Re: Can you load a new rom via an SD Card only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko View Post
Hi guys, i'm trying to figure this out, and i did a search, but there's just too much stuff to sift through.

Is there any way to load a WM6.5 rom onto my HTC Touch PRO with just an SD card?

My activesync and my usb drive no longer work.
Quite simple actually, find the ROM you want and change the name from ruu_signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh and put it on the ROOT of your memory card (not inside a folder). Boot your phone into bootloader (Press PWR and Vol Down simultaneously when first boot). The phone scans your memory card and advises what it finds. Voila, follow on screen instructions, soft reset once complete.

PS. As it has been stated, read the stickies, they are more detailed than that but that is what you have to do. PLEASE BE CAREFUL THIS WAY as you could easily end up with a brick if you try to flash roms for other devices or the GSM version of the TP.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zachofalltrades is a n00b

SD card ROM flashing is the only method I have ever used, since I do not have a Windows PC. I even keep a spare card with the stock ROM and relocker on it "just in case".
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zlatko is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
Quite simple actually, find the ROM you want and change the name from ruu_signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh and put it on the ROOT of your memory card (not inside a folder). Boot your phone into bootloader (Press PWR and Vol Down simultaneously when first boot). The phone scans your memory card and advises what it finds. Voila, follow on screen instructions, soft reset once complete.

PS. As it has been stated, read the stickies, they are more detailed than that but that is what you have to do. PLEASE BE CAREFUL THIS WAY as you could easily end up with a brick if you try to flash roms for other devices or the GSM version of the TP.
Thanks, it's in the bootloader right now...it's got that whole "RAPH600" thing, but what do i do now? Where can it find my rom? I followed your instructions btw.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

If it's the stock SD card, you need to re-format it as the stock filesystem won't work to allow you to flash...you need to make it FAT32...then copy the .nbh file to it, then when you do the volume down and power button and reset button trick, it will prompt you to press the power button again to reflash.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zlatko is a n00b

I just re-formatted it as FAT32..and it doesn't seem to make any difference. There is only one file now on the SD and it's my "RAPHIMG.nbh" file.

It just stays on the Bootloader screen..and does not prompt me for anything. I can get it to start up the existing ROM by just resetting it...but my current rom runs like crap
Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Put it in bootloader mode, then insert your memory stick n see if that works for you... Also, I dont think that the format of the memory stick makes a difference but I think that the size may, I am using an 8gb sdhc and dont seem to have a problem... also, you say you have RAPH600, I show RAPH800 on mine (maybe the difference from sprint to whatever you have).

EDIT: Also, make sure that the ROM is for your phone, try one of the ones that are known to work, ENERGY/MIGHTY/JUICY/VETVITO/Etc... many chefs, but as stated, make sure you are flashing with the right one. You may have gotten a bad ruu_ also....

Last edited by mapaz04; 02-07-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: adding info about roms and possible bad download...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:25 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro