PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My first ever "what rom" thread

HA! I have never asked an opinion on roms. I'm a habitual flasher, but I've been with SSK for quite a while. I'm really liking 6.5.x base, but I need a really stripped rom for VZW. I have flashed about a half dozen roms the past few days trying to find a 6.5.x rom that would leave me with enough free mem to operate. The SSK 6.5.1 runs well, but is not very polished at all.

What's the lightest 6.5.x rom, no tachi dialer, no manilla? Or is there such a beast?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VZW

jetdavdub is a n00b
Re: My first ever "what rom" thread

don't know let me know if you find out.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Might be a change of direction, but have you considered a 6.5 base with mobile shell on top?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

juliend is just getting started

Yeah I played with it a bit. The new mobile shell is pretty nice. I don't think I really gave myself enough time to get used to it. perhaps I'll give it another go...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is to hoping this is your LAST what rom thread! lol

ROMs are great for when you first get a new unit and want to see what type of programs are out there and what systems are needed for a good stable operation...Once you find a ROM you are pretty happy with the next step is to find out which Kitchen created it so you can customize it precisely to what you need. Get rid of the programs you don't use and adding the packages you do want that you saw from other ROM's you tried!

The PERFECT ROM can only be created by you...
You are the only one who knows what programs you use, which you do not need taking up space and once you have determined that you can take it even further by installing just the ringtones and sounds/settings you want so the unit has the maximum ram available for smooth operation.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when you build your SSK rom with the kitchen change the pagepool. he has it set at 10 as a default and i have run 6.1 down as low as either 3 or 4 for the PP and i get pretty good speed and plenty of mem left after everything loads.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro