PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
HTC's Stock New Rom, help

I've decided to finally get the new Rom from HTC Touch Pro, so I can do the 2016 fix that HTC provides. The roms seems to be more responsive and faster, but I'm having one problem now.

When I go to reply to a new text message that I've recieved, instead of it being ready to start typing, it's set on the message bio. So I have to Touch the typing box and then start typing.

I never had this problem on the other stock rom. I was wondering if anyone experinced this to or if there is a way I can fix this? It's getting so annoying, because I'm used to clicking on the new message and start typing, but I can't because it's postioned on the Number/Name instead of where you type the letters. If anyone understands.

Thank you!
I would get the HTC Touch Pro 2, but I don't know why I don't want to. :/
Old 01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: HTC's Stock New Rom, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I've decided to finally get the new Rom from HTC Touch Pro, so I can do the 2016 fix that HTC provides. The roms seems to be more responsive and faster, but I'm having one problem now.

When I go to reply to a new text message that I've recieved, instead of it being ready to start typing, it's set on the message bio. So I have to Touch the typing box and then start typing.

I never had this problem on the other stock rom. I was wondering if anyone experinced this to or if there is a way I can fix this? It's getting so annoying, because I'm used to clicking on the new message and start typing, but I can't because it's postioned on the Number/Name instead of where you type the letters. If anyone understands.

Thank you!
I would get the HTC Touch Pro 2, but I don't know why I don't want to. :/
The hotfix update isn't a ROM update, only a hotfix to adjust the date for sms...

And perhaps you like having a flash on your touch pro thats why you don't get a TP2 haha, that's what's keeping me from converting... =)

Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
The hotfix update isn't a ROM update, only a hotfix to adjust the date for sms...

And perhaps you like having a flash on your touch pro thats why you don't get a TP2 haha, that's what's keeping me from converting... =)
Well you have to Flash to the new Rom they provided to use the HotFix. Now I don't really like the new room because it's screwing up with text messaging, otherwise it's pretty fast and responsive, unless it's because I started fresh. haha
But I might just upgrade now, I don't do the whole flashing thing anyways. Ear pieace went out, pieace broke off above the volum button, red dot on the camera and yeah.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Example:
Chad Ackerman (11:31 AM):
Test!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Then this is where you type to send your reply.

When you read the new text message it usually takes you to the bottom of the page so you can start typing or it has for me always. Well now it will be on
"Chad Ackerman (11:31 AM):
Test!"
instead of being at the bottom of the page. If it makes sense.
I usually start typing before it loads the Text Message, well now I can't do that. I have to litterly touch the bottom page so I can start typing, which is annoying.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No luck? :/
Old 01-27-2010, 02:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

it only goes to bottom of page if you have read (backed out each time and click on again to update where you were. if sender has sent 10 msg while text ap was open then it highlights in blue the last time you opened msg client) and unless you have installed th sms fix cab from ppcg (ya, haven't bothered to find and installed) it will only show last time you opend txt msging message even though it is open and you are txting back and forth (sucks) but that is the least of the worries i have with updated rom. go online on your device and find any post that requires you to scroll past what is on screen, like me you will be ready to throw fone at wall (or if on the road) out the window at 50+ mph. it will only move 1/8th the screen and freeze 15+ seconds before you can do anything again (real responsive rom if you ask me).
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I never had this problem until after I flashed to the new rom. The only Text Message Cab I use is the smsNoSentMsg or whatever it's called. Yeah I do find the rom very responsive, but that text problem is a HUGE problem to me. :/ I do at least 20k + text messages monthly and well been used to typing right away ect..

There is a fix for this though?
If not I'm just going to try for the Touch Pro 2 even though there is a few things I don't like, but then again my phone pixel is dead, ear pieace broke (Speaker phone only) and a chip broke off the trim. But otherwise I finally got my phone like perfect.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bump?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

chip on phone is cosmetic and honestly it wont stop your phone from working. no headset and screen is non responsive, geee i think ther is a best buy in your area that has a phone recycle bin that will resolve that. tp is a dieing breed, and for those of us that still have on (me) good luck.

replace the phone. with anything. support is gone. for those that haven't jumped to tp2 waiting for wm7......... well......... good luck. i love my tp, but it is done. use tep for replacement and do funky chicken waiting for wm7 and device to handle it. i am.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
chip on phone is cosmetic and honestly it wont stop your phone from working. no headset and screen is non responsive, geee i think ther is a best buy in your area that has a phone recycle bin that will resolve that. tp is a dieing breed, and for those of us that still have on (me) good luck.

replace the phone. with anything. support is gone. for those that haven't jumped to tp2 waiting for wm7......... well......... good luck. i love my tp, but it is done. use tep for replacement and do funky chicken waiting for wm7 and device to handle it. i am.
TP is far from dieing....it's only around 15 months old. There are people who are still using Vogue(HTC Touch).....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro