PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Verizon flashers..... Please give your opinion on slim ROM

Hi. I hate to bother everyone, but I am pissed off and fustrated.
I have read and read and flashed and flashed.
I bought 3 of these phones a few hears ago for my family and I just got one for christmas. I am not sure if its because the verizon is limited in memory or what, but these fing phones suck. I have listened to my wife and kids bitch for over a year. I always thought it was just the rom, but I have tried at least 20 roms.
I am currently running Boards Nemesis. The phone is a pain in the ass to answer and they are slow and the camera is a joke.
I just want to run www.pocketmax.net Phone alarm, (something I have not even installed on all the phones because they are already slow and full of BS) a voip sysyem.... (maybe www.fring.com), those two plus google maps or live maps. I want a slim rom, maybe even windows 3.11 LOL! I do not care, as long as its fast and as long as the phone works. Right now all my icons flip out and get thousands of duplicates and my daughters can not even hear people and she can not hear them and my sons locks up on him with out of memory errors.. My wifes phone gets confused and upside down when a call comes in and it becomes so unresponsive that she misses calls and she bitches at me.
What do you recomend? I honestly never even tried the stock rom :-0.
I do not want a skin ~ flow or that stupid clock on the front that always pops up and goes to valarms that wake me up at 6am when I want to sleep in.
Just a bare bones and fast OS with a 6 meg or lower page pool that works well with verizons limited hardware... Oh, one other thing I need is the wifi router, that is cool.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Verizon flashers..... Please give your opinion on slim ROM

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Sorry, Verizon TP model is the worst TP model out of all the lines.(Has the least ram)

But I think MightyROM 6 is as plain as you can get.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

I have the VZ TP and I have flashed several roms over and over to find the best running one, The only one i really can get to work well is JD's Clean Windows Mobile 6.5 and add my own Shit i set the Pagepool to 6 so I can get the most out of the ram. 114.07 total 52.06 in use & 62.98 free after reboot, it is one of the best but clearly not the most up to date.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

SSK's 6.1 roms run very fast and smooth on the VZW phones. Anything else is pretty much too much for them.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

another vote for SSK's 3.0 roms. the 6.1 is very light and runs at about 44% on boot without TF running about about 54 with TF running. if i could get a 6.5 start menu with the 6.1 thats what i would be running. right now im running the no touch flo 6.5 rom and its working out pretty good. try the 6.1 with SPB mobile shell if you dont like TF. the only problem i have with SSK's is for some reason i cant change the page pool on the rom.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

shompec is just getting started

NFSFAN! Been running it since November. Very fast. Very stable. All you'll need to do is install Arcsoft for Verizon and you'll be set:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98809
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

I've been using Calk's Kitchen creating my own roms. You'll probably have to make a slim rom and cab in the bigger apps like Google Maps, YouTube etc. I was fed up with manila until GenY manila was releasednow I'm running sense 2.1 its a little heavy but it works. You could also go back to stock and bump up your page pool to 8 or 9
Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

mswiz is a n00b

As a vz tp user I have the same problem because our phones are gimped and do to not have the same amount of memory as the sprint phones as mentioned in the post above. If you look at the carrier of many of these cooks you will find that they are usually not on the vz network. One of them had a sprint phone running on the Verizon network(Smart). I'm currently testing some Twisted rom's and are working great so far. Also, my vote goes to NFSFAN as this rom was stable and worked like it should. Stay away from manilla 2.5 and stick with 2.1. Also titanium uses less memory so give that a shot. Best of luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro