PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
is my phone toasted?

so i hard reset my device for the fourth time this week (it's saturday) and my last one was minutes ago as my device is my net connection. i have done this for the X in upper right "task manager" i would say, is gone. twice the hardrest was due to dialer issues as i would make a call that requires futher input " press 1 for..... 2 for" and all my dials would result in the call being disconnected befor dialer was done with inputing the digits i pressed. the phone has been dropped more than once, but this is something that has been going on for last week and it has been dropped many times. (damage shows) and now i am posting on a fresh hard reset on stock rom with nothing added. (not even my contacts) and my apps were installed to sd card. simple file explorer to sd card to find opera 10 file and launching net is how i am posting this.

what should i do from here? only been with sprint 3 months and my flashed to cricket tp lasted way longer. is it the apps i am running? (nothing new for long time) or is the phone giving me clues?

i will keep stock without mobile shell and only add contacts to see where it goes from here. FYI, i wouldn't return a pair of undies to wally-world if i bought wrong size.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: is my phone toasted?

also, my opera 10 is so slow, i click a link and walk away from phone. is it toasted?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sounds like you've got a bad phone.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

So other than your opera running slow is your TP now more stable on stock rom? If the answer is yes than the apps you were running was making your phone unstable.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

i only was running stock as of 5 minutes before i posted at first. i have been running stock from switch from many years of cricket to purchasing this particular device. i bought this phone from sprint (radio shack) 9/23/09 and have been running same apps perty much since. running sbp, arcsoft for sprint, nf 3.5, opera, pim (not a cab but the exe) sprint mail app, and many others. i have 2 batteries and when one dies i replace with fresh charged one. one day (week ago) my batt was dead, replaced it, task mnger never showed in task bar. dis-regared it figured it would come up. called bank to check finances and bank hung up befor the phone inputed all the numbers i dialed. hard reset and re-install cabs. 3 days go by and it did the task mngr issue again on batt chang. hard reset. next day same thing, hard reset again. 2 days later (today) i did a batt change this morning and X function (3 bars with arrow pointing down) was gone. i did about 10 soft resets, and changed batt twice before a hard reset. the only thing that has changed is it not working right. build date on batt cover is 3/18/09 and is not a refurb, just sat 6 months before i bought it.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the worst part of hard resets is this text msg. (have to switch to stock 9.5 opera to post pic, please wait)

Edit: ok, without installing my cabs i couldn't edit post with 9.5 but the text shows as

Free msgs:will stop automatically //SVAgICdTEAQADRv2Nn1311zVo3YK0VPBRqpiHFwCzY8PIvfPR5 4nTsE/XTJp6JsDa7BNgLyEmDwmz2NnJVWvD0Jka0WU1YkCJa//VS

why wont it stop?

Last edited by jpwhre; 01-24-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What brand battery where you using as an extra? It seems like that battery is not complying well with your TP.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the spare battery is stock battery out of my other touch pro.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ic, well sounds like u have a bad apple. But at the same time your original post is very hard to understand. So if you please explain again exactly whats going on.

Last edited by I m J James; 01-24-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

stock rom, task bar, right icon, shows apps curently running. i hard reset again yesterday cuz that function was gone. if i multi task, the only way to turn them off is to soft reset. i wanted to see if some of my apps was causing the trouble so yesterday the only thing i did after hard reset was put contacts back in. changed nothing, not even sounds. i was just on opera and when i closed it out, that task manager was gone again, just happened about 5 min ago. i didn't soft reset, replace battery or anything. it was there befor i launched opera, and gone when i closed it out only on opera about 2 minutes. 2 diff hard resets this week my dialer didn't work.

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro