PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
SMS Error Msg. 2106 Incorrect message format?

Anyone know if there is a fix to this..?? I hope somebody knows of one somewhere...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: SMS Error Msg. 2106 Incorrect message format?

Well normally i dont say this, but you could try searching, or reading the very first page for the 2+ threads about it...
Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

there is a fix on HTC's website FYI.. like talon says, searching is golden
Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Read before you speak
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Well normally i dont say this, but you could try searching, or reading the very first page for the 2+ threads about it...

well i'm normally not much of a douchebag either, but do you think i'd create a thread asking a question to something I could find as easily as you assume it is to find the answer to, if it was indeed discussed as much as you claim it was on the first thread on the very top..?? Didn't think so...

So how about you few intelligent ones TRY READING first before you jump the gun and maybe you'll not stumble as much on such youthful mistakes such as "misreading" or "dyslexia of the eyes" =)

I'm not talking about the date error where texts are being sent with the year "2016" im talking about the sms error when you send a text using HTC Messaging and you receive the text back saying "message not sent blabla change to the right format: Msg. 2106"

Hint: I've put in BOLD, all the key words. And even made the Topic of this thread to my specific concern =) Reading is the key...!!

Again, not tryna be a douchebag but let's not be so quick to judge when in fact you haven't read all the information thoroughly enough yourself. Thanks.

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 01-20-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Signothefish and myself traced down the answer, since it HASN'T been covered here yet... The link with the instructions on how to do it are posted in RaidZeros 23518 WM6.5 ROM thread...

Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
well i'm normally not much of a douchebag either, but do you think i'd create a thread asking a question to something I could find as easily as you assume it is to find the answer to, if it was indeed discussed as much as you claim it was on the first thread on the very top..?? Didn't think so...

So how about you few intelligent ones TRY READING first before you jump the gun and maybe you'll not stumble as much on such youthful mistakes such as "misreading" or "dyslexia of the eyes" =)

I'm not talking about the date error where texts are being sent with the year "2016" im talking about the sms error when you send a text using HTC Messaging and you receive the text back saying "message not sent blabla change to the right format: Msg. 2106"

Hint: I've put in BOLD, all the key words. And even made the Topic of this thread to my specific concern =) Reading is the key...!!

Again, not tryna be a douchebag but let's not be so quick to judge when in fact you haven't read all the information thoroughly enough yourself. Thanks.
pwnt.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since youre such a smart ass and actually typed something correctly, then ill reiterate... SEARCH...try this link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@ka.../msg05916.html

Last edited by Talon Pro; 01-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
pwnt.
=)

I was tryna be nice, but since I wasn't treated with such acceptable responses I figured wtf, why not be just a bit of an a$$hole lol...

And Talon, if you would have READ again before speaking you would have seen the post where I said we figured it out...

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 01-21-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BMG4ME is a n00b

I was having the same problem replying to my own work e-mail that had been fine - turns out that the error message is bogus - it was actually the message itself that was bad - it had an illegal character - a newline.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro