PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SMS Error Msg. 2106 Incorrect message format? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107159)

JDM_SOHC 01-20-2010 09:08 AM

SMS Error Msg. 2106 Incorrect message format?

Anyone know if there is a fix to this..?? I hope somebody knows of one somewhere...

Talon Pro 01-20-2010 10:06 AM

Re: SMS Error Msg. 2106 Incorrect message format?

Well normally i dont say this, but you could try searching, or reading the very first page for the 2+ threads about it...

drdrewdown 01-20-2010 12:06 PM

there is a fix on HTC's website FYI.. like talon says, searching is golden

I m J James 01-20-2010 02:42 PM

Read before you speak

JDM_SOHC 01-20-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1503416)
Well normally i dont say this, but you could try searching, or reading the very first page for the 2+ threads about it...

well i'm normally not much of a douchebag either, but do you think i'd create a thread asking a question to something I could find as easily as you assume it is to find the answer to, if it was indeed discussed as much as you claim it was on the first thread on the very top..?? Didn't think so...

So how about you few intelligent ones TRY READING first before you jump the gun and maybe you'll not stumble as much on such youthful mistakes such as "misreading" or "dyslexia of the eyes" =)

I'm not talking about the date error where texts are being sent with the year "2016" im talking about the sms error when you send a text using HTC Messaging and you receive the text back saying "message not sent blabla change to the right format: Msg. 2106"

Hint: I've put in BOLD, all the key words. And even made the Topic of this thread to my specific concern =) Reading is the key...!!

Again, not tryna be a douchebag but let's not be so quick to judge when in fact you haven't read all the information thoroughly enough yourself. Thanks.

JDM_SOHC 01-20-2010 10:52 PM

Signothefish and myself traced down the answer, since it HASN'T been covered here yet... The link with the instructions on how to do it are posted in RaidZeros 23518 WM6.5 ROM thread...

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang:

strra 01-21-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1504693)
well i'm normally not much of a douchebag either, but do you think i'd create a thread asking a question to something I could find as easily as you assume it is to find the answer to, if it was indeed discussed as much as you claim it was on the first thread on the very top..?? Didn't think so...

So how about you few intelligent ones TRY READING first before you jump the gun and maybe you'll not stumble as much on such youthful mistakes such as "misreading" or "dyslexia of the eyes" =)

I'm not talking about the date error where texts are being sent with the year "2016" im talking about the sms error when you send a text using HTC Messaging and you receive the text back saying "message not sent blabla change to the right format: Msg. 2106"

Hint: I've put in BOLD, all the key words. And even made the Topic of this thread to my specific concern =) Reading is the key...!!

Again, not tryna be a douchebag but let's not be so quick to judge when in fact you haven't read all the information thoroughly enough yourself. Thanks.

pwnt.

Talon Pro 01-21-2010 11:09 AM

Since youre such a smart ass and actually typed something correctly, then ill reiterate... SEARCH...try this link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@ka.../msg05916.html

JDM_SOHC 01-21-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1505961)
pwnt.

=)

I was tryna be nice, but since I wasn't treated with such acceptable responses I figured wtf, why not be just a bit of an a$$hole lol...

And Talon, if you would have READ again before speaking you would have seen the post where I said we figured it out...

BMG4ME 11-15-2011 11:04 AM

I was having the same problem replying to my own work e-mail that had been fine - turns out that the error message is bogus - it was actually the message itself that was bad - it had an illegal character - a newline.