PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Looking at custom ROMs and a few questions.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106376)

hellbringer616 01-15-2010 01:21 AM

Looking at custom ROMs and a few questions..

I have an Alltel touch pro and i was looking at some custom 6.5 ROMs as i like the look of 6.5
But, i also noticed a lot of these ROMs say "Sprint" on them, does that effect anything? Is there a way to make it be alltel or Verizon? (or at least say it)

Also, what custom ROMS have Windows Live Messenger installed? and of those which one is the fastest? of them?

If you think any more information would be useful for me please let me know, i'm new to this:headbang:

drdrewdown 01-15-2010 02:35 AM

Re: Looking at custom ROMs and a few questions..

most dev's make roms for the main carriers. you just need to read the rom information & verify its compatible with alltell/vzw. also 6.5 is the least of your concerns unless you are only interested in the "titanium" interface which is what microsoft gave us in 6.5

otherwise you need to know if you want Titanium, Sense 2.1 or Sense 2.5 as these are the most used interfaces for our device at this time. research what interface would suit you best & go from there. the best way to find out what rom is best for you is to try a few of them out. i might recommend the following

SKI ROM
ROOT ROM
or possibly Energy Rom

after all the only way to know whats best for you is, FTFO

(flash to find out :D)

hellbringer616 01-15-2010 09:31 PM

Alright thanks, But what about making it say something other then sprint?

I had one i had to take off cause it was "sprint" my dad told me i can flash my phone to whatever that is "alltel" or "verizon"

chrialex 01-16-2010 03:40 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but a carrier cab will set the ROM up as Alltel/Verizon/Sprint/etc, right?

hellbringer616 01-16-2010 04:35 PM

whats a carrier cab?

Okay found them, next. should i get Verizon or Alltel? (as the merged) phone originally alltel.

chrialex 01-16-2010 04:49 PM

Hmm, as far as that goes, I don't know. I will leave that part up to one of the smarter 'geeks here ;-)

Weapondrift 01-16-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrialex (Post 1494042)
Correct me if I am wrong, but a carrier cab will set the ROM up as Alltel/Verizon/Sprint/etc, right?

not always, I have the Sprint carrier .cab which adds Update Prl and Update profile on my Verizon phone. Since Im using MightyRom It doesnt say what carrier I am with (on the phone) but I can still use the .cab file

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellbringer616 (Post 1494198)
whats a carrier cab?
Okay found them, next. should i get Verizon or Alltel? (as the merged) phone originally alltel.

since they are .cab files you can try one and worse case scenario, you can remove it and try the other .cab