PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
Los Angeles, CA Area Cdma Radio Discussion(METRO PCS)

I live near the bay in the LA area of california. (Downey) And I have been testing radios on my Sprint htc touch pro from here CDMA RADIOS .<--Latest CDMA Radios

So originally I was using v1.03.15F Radio for sprint and get 0-1 bar in my house so I decided to upgrade to there newest one which is v1.12.34F. The result was the same 0-1 bars.

So I was kinda bummed...so I thought wait.. my mom has Verizon service and she gets around 2-4 bars in the house. So I upgraded my radio to v1.03.09V which is the latest CDMA verizon radio.
The Result? 2-4 BARS!!!! This is amazing...and for some reason before this I wasnt able to receive MMS, only send and now I can recieve also!!!

If you live around this area test out the radios on that link and discuss your results.

Last edited by I m J James; 01-14-2010 at 01:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay
Re: Los Angeles, CA Area Cdma Radio Discussion(METRO PCS)

I'm also doing the same thing as you. It's weird that I get better reception and my battery last a little bit longer when using the verizon radio.
" for hitting the Button!"
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

This really belongs in the CDMA upgrades thread I think - that's where I found out about the different radios months ago and yes, found out the same thing about the VZW 1.03.09 - it goes after the signal most aggressively of any of them, by a wide margin, at least for LA. Helped a lot of signal flakiness, missed txts etc that I was having.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i dunno but after reading this thread i installed the verizon radio and so far i believe my battery life has increased quite a bit. here i am at 3pm and still have 70% of my battery left (usually below 50 by this time of day). don't notice any increased reception or anything like that, but i didn't have any problems before. always have full signal up here in the high desert.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm glad you guys are getting good results with verizon radio. I might test out the TELUS one tonight just for kicks.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

I m James did you try using the ##33284# method to the signal test? That's what I did also to determind what radio what good for me also.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yeah thats the method I used also =)
Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Voidbladestorm is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Voidbladestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
I live near the bay in the LA area of california. (Downey) And I have been testing radios on my Sprint htc touch pro from here CDMA RADIOS .<--Latest CDMA Radios

So originally I was using v1.03.15F Radio for sprint and get 0-1 bar in my house so I decided to upgrade to there newest one which is v1.12.34F. The result was the same 0-1 bars.

So I was kinda bummed...so I thought wait.. my mom has Verizon service and she gets around 2-4 bars in the house. So I upgraded my radio to v1.03.09V which is the latest CDMA verizon radio.
The Result? 2-4 BARS!!!! This is amazing...and for some reason before this I wasnt able to receive MMS, only send and now I can recieve also!!!

If you live around this area test out the radios on that link and discuss your results.
After a lot of different research on a lot of other forums. Its come to my conclusion that the v1.03.09V is the most usable radio for reception and receiving texts and incoming calls...I even had put it to the test myself by flashing the Sprint radio v1.12.34F. I had found that I was NOT recieving my friends calls all the time but I would get thier voicemails complaining why I never answered. Text being the same way. Having conversations was difficult for I would have a hard time responding to someone if I am getting thier return texts 4 hours later. My best be for people flashing is to go for the v1.03.09V. It has shown to be most reliable in reception.
Thats my
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

very true...also i posted my speed test result on my signature and thats running on two bars.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro NRG ROM
Carrier: Metro pcs

diligentkane is a n00b

I've try the radio but i did not notice a change . My Battery life still suck and it freezes a whole lot more then before . But I do have a mighty6 Rom so that might also be the problem .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro