PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On more time and I'm done!

Well Peep's it appears I might finally have a chance to get the old Touch Pro replaced once and for all with what I hope will be something more stable?? I have been experiencing all kinds of crash related lock up and every other condition under the sun issue with my Touch Pro since I got it on 12/01/09. I think I have finally convinced the power's that be that I have a problem with this phone! Has anyone had there T/P replaced under warranty from Verizon? If so what do they give you? Are stuck with the phone of there choice or can you make the move to another smart phone of equal value with a different operating system?

Either these phones in there stock Rom state are incredibly unstable or I just have crap luck?
Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gregjuice is a n00b
Re: On more time and I'm done!

most likely you will be stuck with your TP. im on my 4th phone from alltel in 9 months. they keep going haywire, and i keep sending them in. ive tried and tried to get them to send me something else that is more reliable with no luck. im trying to hold out for android
Old 01-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Well Peep's it appears I might finally have a chance to get the old Touch Pro replaced once and for all with what I hope will be something more stable?? I have been experiencing all kinds of crash related lock up and every other condition under the sun issue with my Touch Pro since I got it on 12/01/09. I think I have finally convinced the power's that be that I have a problem with this phone! Has anyone had there T/P replaced under warranty from Verizon? If so what do they give you? Are stuck with the phone of there choice or can you make the move to another smart phone of equal value with a different operating system?

Either these phones in there stock Rom state are incredibly unstable or I just have crap luck?
Thanks
i had a similar issue,my original tp purchased in 03-09 worked perfect without any issues until the keyboard went out in late 11-09,i went through 3 replacements in less than a month due to memory issues,they would overheat and say shut down apps blah blah (happened while changing a wallpaper once) and then would cutoff and have to cool down before it would start backup,i think it's a big issue with there replacements they send out,i say that cause not once was i ever even questioned about the issues.

upon the third replacement failure i called cs and simply told them what was wrong,was asked the normal tech questions and asked if my address was correct in the system and that a NIB tp2 would be overnighted to my address due to having had 3 replacements with same issues.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rwilkes is a n00b

After replacing my TP and still getting the "Rainbow screen," Sprint replaced my phone with a brand new TouchPro2. So far, no problems
Old 01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Ok Mr. Wilkes what whats the secret? What did you tell them?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro