PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Where is HTC under asurions device details page? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105727)

texansson80 01-11-2010 10:24 AM

Where is HTC under asurions device details page?

I am trying to get my touch pro replaced but under the list of phone manufacturers I see no HTC. Does anybody else see this??

Darkness231 01-11-2010 12:47 PM

Re: Where is HTC under asurions device details page?

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansson80 (Post 1478300)
I am trying to get my touch pro replaced but under the list of phone manufacturers I see no HTC. Does anybody else see this??

I think its listed under Utstarcom

Relic 01-11-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

I would just call asurion for your replacement. I just replaced my wife's TP, and just got it today. They sent me a brand new TP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1478575)
I think its listed under Utstarcom

Actually UTstarcom doensn't handle these devices anymore. A company called PCD (Personal Communications Devices), handles device updates & support now.

Asurion is who does divice replacements.

mstevens 01-13-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 1479598)
Actually UTstarcom doensn't handle these devices anymore. A company called PCD (Personal Communications Devices), handles device updates & support now.

So, in answer to the question (which concerned how these handsets are listed on the Asurion website), are you saying that on the Asurion website one needs to look for "PCD" under manufacturer? Last time I looked, they were in fact listed under "UTStarcom" as a previous poster had suggested.

It doesn't matter what company handles updates and support. All that matters is how the device is listed on the Asurion website.

Relic 01-14-2010 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 1484936)
So, in answer to the question (which concerned how these handsets are listed on the Asurion website), are you saying that on the Asurion website one needs to look for "PCD" under manufacturer? Last time I looked, they were in fact listed under "UTStarcom" as a previous poster had suggested.

It doesn't matter what company handles updates and support. All that matters is how the device is listed on the Asurion website.

No what I am saying is: For a device replacement you call Asurion.
For device support (such as a new ROM Update) you can goto PCD (Personal Communications Devices) or through your Carrier (which many times they will send you to PCD anyways to download updates).

Since UTStarcom Diversified Its Personal Communications Division (Read about it here), hence why PCD took over support for certain devices from overseas, like HTC.

And your right, none of this has any bearing on the original question on this thread posted by texansson80 "Where is HTC under asurions device details page?"

But sinceDarkness231 posted "I think its listed under Utstarcom"

I wanted to clarify (which I am sorry that I didn't make clear in my earlier post) that UTStarcom (aswell as PCD) is NOT where you would goto for replacements.

So to properly answer the original question on this thread posted by texansson80 "Where is HTC under asurions device details page?"

You won't see HTC under their device details page, because you add the Asurion insurance through your carrier. So any make & model of your phone/device you purchase from you carrier is covered. So it would not matter if its not listed on Asurions site.