PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Please help

Hey guys, I'm no stranger to roms, but i'm trying to find one now that doesn't have 6.5.3. i find it slows down my phone too much. i'm trying to find a rom that has 6.5 on it, tf3d 1.0 and has the speed and battery life of the sprint stock rom. is this possible anymore? (please dont suggest mightyrom)
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please help

Maybe no one answered you because everyone has their own favorite rom that they turn to, regardless of it's faults. I have experienced slowdowns at times, on all roms but yes mayby less so on 6.1

You just have to keep trying till you find one that suits you or if you have time, make your own.
Roms come out so often that really to many to choose from, plus we have a few kitchens so really hard question to answer.
I have tried many and like anyone else, have my own tastes, so don't take my suggestion the answer because one thing i learned is every rom has something I would want and like.
Bottom line for me though, is which is easiest to make it thru the day, so it really depends on alot of things.

If you mean by 6.5.3,roms with larger bottom startmenu, I would suggest latest versions without sense2.5, but since I love sense, I would say not give up and try the "ski-rom" or "root-rom", although I found "EmpiRom" to be one of the fastest of all.

I myself like the traditional smaller top startmenu myself, so I like older energy sense2.1 , and especially RSTG ver 4(without panorsmic) and ver6(with panoramic) of sense2.1 rom wich are also above average in speed, link here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103371

Twisted looks good too:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100321

I know I left out a few other really good ones(psyki, Calkulin, etc) but like most here I don't have time to play with all, so I would also listen to anyone else's suggestion, if they posted if after me.
Usually the roms that make up the first page in the upgrade section, are the latest and one you want to choose from.
I would also listen to what users have to say in the energy vs mighty thread here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104759
Good luck!

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-11-2010 at 09:43 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro