PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cricket MMS stopped working, help me fix please. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105571)

jpwhre 01-10-2010 03:42 AM

Cricket MMS stopped working, help me fix please.

By a choice of own, i no longer use cricket for service, but still offer assistance for others. After helping out other users, i have noticed cricket mms is no longer working. If you are on cricket and have not flashed or hard reset your device in last couple months you wont see this effecting you. After the Moto Evoke was launched with cricket, they changed their server and a cab or fix was required to help with the pic size as it would show as a thumbnail instead of full size, but only to those with a new flash, or current hard reset and not those that were working with last update they were running (happened to me). Now that they have even newer devices, i have noticed, and tried to help others with flashing to cricket to fnd that mms has stopped working. If this has happened to you and you have found a way around this, please post your findings to help others.

whitey10tc 01-10-2010 04:13 AM

Re: Cricket MMS stopped working, help me fix please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1475866)
By a choice of own, i no longer use cricket for service, but still offer assistance for others. After helping out other users, i have noticed cricket mms is no longer working. If you are on cricket and have not flashed or hard reset your device in last couple months you wont see this effecting you. After the Moto Evoke was launched with cricket, they changed their server and a cab or fix was required to help with the pic size as it would show as a thumbnail instead of full size, but only to those with a new flash, or current hard reset and not those that were working with last update they were running (happened to me). Now that they have even newer devices, i have noticed, and tried to help others with flashing to cricket to fnd that mms has stopped working. If this has happened to you and you have found a way around this, please post your findings to help others.

I'm just taking a guess here! But I don't think that there will be a fix for this until FEB or MARCH. As I've been told it is a network thing. My source could "would" not go into details but said it has to do with upgrades to the network for some future devices. and there is rumor on HoFo about a BlackBerry and possibly an Android device coming out soon. But those are rumors. My source is a higher up corp employee in my area.

jpwhre 01-10-2010 12:50 PM

thank you whitey, that is varry helpfull.

Levi727 01-10-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1475897)
I'm just taking a guess here! But I don't think that there will be a fix for this until FEB or MARCH. As I've been told it is a network thing. My source could "would" not go into details but said it has to do with upgrades to the network for some future devices. and there is rumor on HoFo about a BlackBerry and possibly an Android device coming out soon. But those are rumors. My source is a higher up corp employee in my area.

Here's my only qualm about that.
My friend's phone that jpwhre and I spend a while last night trying to fix (that might have helped this idea) is that this phone has had so much done to it over the last number of months... and still no MMS.

HOWEVER,
my girlfriend's phone was re-flashed to Integra's ROM no more than 2-2.5 weeks ago. And her's still works out of the box with that ROM. My friend's won't work with that, nor any other ROM, (and we've tried many ROMS and cabs). But Internet, Voice, and SMS always come in just fine.

His phone is a secondary line to a Cricket account, and we've verified that MMS is ENABLED on both lines and have refreshed services numerous times. Messages still sit at 0% sending. But the primary on the same account (with same ROM, and settings as this phone had before) MMS still works fine.

Since his is secondary, and doesn't work... and his girlfriend's phone is primary and works, .... and my girlfriend's is primary, and works...
Is there any reason to think that might have anything to do with it? It's the only way I see it to be any sort of oddball. (Phone, and account services are refreshed and correct....)

915_tuscani 01-10-2010 01:13 PM

Thats weird i had re-flashd my TP with Integra Rom, SSK Rom, and i couldnt get the mms to work but when i put Drunks Rom back on mms worked fine, i even used ryanmoguls cabs on the Integra and SSk and nothing. I would suggest the Drunk Rom

whitey10tc 01-10-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi727 (Post 1476274)
Here's my only qualm about that.
My friend's phone that jpwhre and I spend a while last night trying to fix (that might have helped this idea) is that this phone has had so much done to it over the last number of months... and still no MMS.

HOWEVER,
my girlfriend's phone was re-flashed to Integra's ROM no more than 2-2.5 weeks ago. And her's still works out of the box with that ROM. My friend's won't work with that, nor any other ROM, (and we've tried many ROMS and cabs). But Internet, Voice, and SMS always come in just fine.

His phone is a secondary line to a Cricket account, and we've verified that MMS is ENABLED on both lines and have refreshed services numerous times. Messages still sit at 0% sending. But the primary on the same account (with same ROM, and settings as this phone had before) MMS still works fine.

Since his is secondary, and doesn't work... and his girlfriend's phone is primary and works, .... and my girlfriend's is primary, and works...
Is there any reason to think that might have anything to do with it? It's the only way I see it to be any sort of oddball. (Phone, and account services are refreshed and correct....)

If it was a different carrier I would say that makes no sense, but it is cricket and makes perfect sense.
I personally don't think it's a ROM issue, it's a cricKet issue.

jpwhre 01-10-2010 02:26 PM

he is on the drunk rom, flashed from 4.30 to 4.50 last night. as long as your device is working 100% it will continue to work. i noticed that on wifes diamond. she was on nrg arorua (spell?) for months when the size issue started hitting, and continued to run fine for couple months after that. but she was having camera issues and screen would go black while using the camera hack. i hard reset her phone to wipe hack and start fresh, and then had to find image size fix cab as she started getting the thumbnail pics.

Conclusion would be. If it works right now and you haven't hard reset or flashed in last few weeks, don't cause you wont get mms to come back. I'll be watchen for a fix about the time whitey was talking about.

ziptrx 01-11-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1476441)
Conclusion would be. If it works right now and you haven't hard reset or flashed in last few weeks, don't cause you wont get mms to come back. I'll be watchen for a fix about the time whitey was talking about.

I would like to state that I reflashed last night and am still able to receive fullsize MMS with no problems. :occasion5:

jpwhre 01-11-2010 04:21 PM

i think you would be a lucky of few.

morbidj 01-11-2010 04:54 PM

MMS has always worked sporadically for me in the Denver CO. Area usually it will download though, it may take 3 tries or so but eventually it will send/receive.