PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cricket MMS stopped working, help me fix please.

Im using a cab here that resizes the pic to full, it uses the evoke setting found it on here somewhere, what i have found to get ur pic to download the first time is to change the setting to download it auto is to change it to manually so u choose when to downloadit. i know it keeps on dwnloadin but just kills ur battery.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

I'v flashed mine to several different roms and never gotten MMS to work, This time I'm going to try Integra's ROM because Drunks ROM will not work on a VZ TP, right now I'm on EnergyROM,
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

akaruna is a n00b
Talking Re: Cricket MMS stopped working, help me fix please.

i think i have the perfect fix for that. just replace ur mm1/ui regs with these in hklm/software/arcsoft/arcsoft mms ua/config
then change the x-cricket-mdn to ur 10dig number (2105555555) and x-vzw-mdn to ur 11dig phone number (12105555555)
from then on it should dl good sized pics. i reflash my phone every 2 or 3 weeks and this seems to work fine for me, but didnt work when i manually typed it in. eh try it out, let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MMS REG.rar (2.6 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

2mb speed test results
Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

Thanks I will try that, Now here a question, I had a friend change my phone to the moto evoke in cricket system. I pay for the $15 for the "real web," now I went on Cricket support page and they say the Moto evoke can not do MMS. true or false?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

true. there is a thread on hofo that got the whole thing started on changing the device type to evoke and adding $15 plan. www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537786 and check the sticky for any info www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1489174
Old 01-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

akaruna is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

i dunno one of my bartender buddies has the evoke and he tells me that he had to get an app for his pic mail on the evoke, have to ask him when i go beat him in pool
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko69 View Post
Thanks I will try that, Now here a question, I had a friend change my phone to the moto evoke in cricket system. I pay for the $15 for the "real web," now I went on Cricket support page and they say the Moto evoke can not do MMS. true or false?
You will need to have your buddy ADD MMS to your account, if he does it right it'll work. But the website is correct the QA4 it self does not have MMS capability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
true. there is a thread on hofo that got the whole thing started on changing the device type to evoke and adding $15 plan. www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537786 and check the sticky for any info www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1489174
Really good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaruna View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

i dunno one of my bartender buddies has the evoke and he tells me that he had to get an app for his pic mail on the evoke, have to ask him when i go beat him in pool
Have fun at pool. As for an app on the QA4 I would love to know what it is.

I went to my corp store and removed all the setting/features from my line and then added them back one by one "and when I say all I mean all I took my line straight down to just the phone line." It's been five days and 20 flashes now and I still get every MMS snd/recv'd.

I recommend to do this if you can. "If you know someone". It's not something that cricket is going to willingly do for you.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond
Carrier: cricket

4218kris is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I'm just taking a guess here! But I don't think that there will be a fix for this until FEB or MARCH. As I've been told it is a network thing. My source could "would" not go into details but said it has to do with upgrades to the network for some future devices. and there is rumor on HoFo about a BlackBerry and possibly an Android device coming out soon. But those are rumors. My source is a higher up corp employee in my area.
cricket phones have always sucked, (except the razr when it first came out) it would be hard to believe that they are actually getting some good phones out now. it would be great it they do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro