PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PIE works by Skyfire won't connect Metro PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
Apps I noticed recently that stopped working on Metro PCS and were working flawlessly at one point;
skyfire (cant establish network connection)-works on wifi
wunderradio (cant establish network connection)- works on wifi
pandora (no audio)- streams
I forgot his name, but he posted something about getting pandora working perfectly on here

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

midnclb is a n00b

windows live definitely wouldn't connect so i use this to get my live mails directly to my touch pro http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-482158.html, facebook integration on sense 2.5 doesn't work on me, facebook logs in but i can't see pictures , i can read stuff and sometimes it lets me upload stuff, pandora works fine, but i have notice a problem recently sometimes i can't get any application that requires data access although on the screen it shows me that data connection its active, don't know if it s a rom problem im using NFsFAN
Old 04-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ozlo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnclb View Post
i have notice a problem recently sometimes i can't get any application that requires data access although on the screen it shows me that data connection its active, don't know if it s a rom problem im using NFsFAN
That's the exact same problem I have been experiencing. It will show that I have had a data connection active for X minutes, yet will fail to sync e-mail, download weather updates, etc. Browsing usually works but is extremely slow and often times out on pages now since this problem began. Other times, if I leave the phone sitting for hours or overnight, it will sometimes update the weather data and sync e-mail at least once on its own during that time period.
I'm running a completely different ROM than you, for the record.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnclb View Post
windows live definitely wouldn't connect so i use this to get my live mails directly to my touch pro http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-482158.html, facebook integration on sense 2.5 doesn't work on me, facebook logs in but i can't see pictures , i can read stuff and sometimes it lets me upload stuff, pandora works fine, but i have notice a problem recently sometimes i can't get any application that requires data access although on the screen it shows me that data connection its active, don't know if it s a rom problem im using NFsFAN
Facebook integration means you need to log in in the settings tab. Then go to each contact and sync it to your facebook friend. Then it will update automatically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
That's the exact same problem I have been experiencing. It will show that I have had a data connection active for X minutes, yet will fail to sync e-mail, download weather updates, etc. Browsing usually works but is extremely slow and often times out on pages now since this problem began. Other times, if I leave the phone sitting for hours or overnight, it will sometimes update the weather data and sync e-mail at least once on its own during that time period.
It might just be the finnickiness of cdma data. Mine does the same thing but is a little more reliable than yours. Try checking things through a wifi connection and make sure your proxy settings are set up correctly. Then make sure your networks are set up correctly for apps connecting to the internet and aps connecting to servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I forgot his name, but he posted something about getting pandora working perfectly on here
I have had such bad luck with pandora i have had it working 100% upgraded my rom and did the same steps now it wont work at all. Try slacker radio.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: metroPCS

ahernandez4110 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ahernandez4110

I'am from Florida and have the HTC Vogue and everything was working, and now having the same problem as you... MetroPCS is up to something, because my friend has the Samsung Code and everything works for him. I realley think metroPCS is using a diffrent setup on the code form any other pda's on metroPCS. They are trying to force us to buy there pda's like samsung. Yo METRO WAZZ UPPpp with that..... I thought you where unlimited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahernandez4110 View Post
I'am from Florida and have the HTC Vogue and everything was working, and now having the same problem as you... MetroPCS is up to something, because my friend has the Samsung Code and everything works for him. I realley think metroPCS is using a diffrent setup on the code form any other pda's on metroPCS. They are trying to force us to buy there pda's like samsung. Yo METRO WAZZ UPPpp with that..... I thought you where unlimited.
the code/smartphones run on a different proxy then the regular phones,

I have that proxy on my phone(tp2) and skyfire still doesn't work, wouldn't surprise me if they wanted you to be on the smartphone plan to get skyfire to work
Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

one thing that i have noticed, sometimes i get connected, trying to get weather or emails, hotmail, gmail,. and gps... but i think its not really connected. a bad connection..

I then disconnect and reconnect and it starts to work,

my brother got the diamond, I also flashed his rom, his does the same thing, and he is on the $60 plan, with international calling...

my facebook app works fine, and my pictures come through fine,

im using tankrom as of this past weekend, I came from NFS rom.. but had same problems with that and other roms... connection problems..

My windows live and other messaging, and skyfire works fine with wifi, but fails to connect through internet data connections... that happened sometime last year before mightymikes last rom.... in May of 2009...

and know the youtube is giving some problems as well, they work wifi.. and not data as well, but I found another version in NRGZ download touchpro cdma forum..

when one of these internet programs stop to fail, use wifi and it should work...

yes MetroPCS is up to something, trying for us to buy there phones.... they say u get faster 3g service with their devices, flashed phones get 1x....

hope that helps..

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.

Last edited by mdiaz33685; 06-01-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
one thing that i have noticed, sometimes i get connected, trying to get weather or emails, hotmail, gmail,. and gps... but i think its not really connected. a bad connection..

I then disconnect and reconnect and it starts to work,

my brother got the diamond, I also flashed his rom, his does the same thing, and he is on the $60 plan, with international calling...

my facebook app works fine, and my pictures come through fine,

im using tankrom as of this past weekend, I came from NFS rom.. but had same problems with that and other roms... connection problems..

My windows live and other messaging works fine with wifi, but fails to connect through internet data connections... that happened sometime last year before mightymikes last rom.... in May of 2009...

yes MetroPCS is up to something, trying for us to buy there phones.... they say u get faster 3g services with there devices, flashed phones get 1x....

hope that helps..
I've put a code,caliber, and any other "smartphone" metro offers against my old touch pro and my current touch pro 2, my flashed devices load so fast(compared to the metro branded stuff) it wasn't even a competition
Old 06-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I've put a code,caliber, and any other "smartphone" metro offers against my old touch pro and my current touch pro 2, my flashed devices load so fast(compared to the metro branded stuff) it wasn't even a competition
thanks for that info...

my sister in law, has the code, reminds me of my tmobile dash... to small for my eyes.. haha..
my only problem with my touchpro is my keyboard stops working,,

edit regarding skyfire: I tried skyfire last night, doesn't connect for me either,
but if your on wifi.. it works just fine, and so do instant messaging ( windows live..)

Last edited by mdiaz33685; 06-02-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
thanks for that info...

my sister in law, has the code, reminds me of my tmobile dash... to small for my eyes.. haha..
my only problem with my touchpro is my keyboard stops working,,

edit regarding skyfire: I tried skyfire last night, doesn't connect for me either,
but if your on wifi.. it works just fine, and so do instant messaging ( windows live..)
well yea, of course its gonna work with wifi lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
metro pcs, skyfire, touch pro