PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105252)

Voidbladestorm 01-08-2010 03:02 AM

Touch Pro Problem

I Have been having this extreeeeemmmllyy annoying problem with my touch pro. It happens all the time randomly popping up this little Messaging window if I leave the phone alone for a while.

Like where it says "start" that if I go to check my phone or even if I am using it it replaces it with "Messaging" and the soft keys below go to "Reply" and "compose"

Its when I touch the screen again does it disappear and go back to whatever I was doing at the time.
It does this with every Rom and I cant tell you how many times Ive hard reseted to try to fix this...
My Rom right now is
Haze 1.7 with SPB mobile shell on top
can this possibly be just a cab fix?

horndoctor 01-08-2010 03:09 AM

Re: Touch Pro Problem

Sounds like a conflict between WinMo Messaging and SPB MS. Does it do it if you turn off SPB? :scratch:

Rabid_Gypsy 01-08-2010 06:37 AM

I have had this happen occasionaly with all of my WM phones (Titan, Vogue, Diamond & Pro) I think it has to do with outlook checking for new mail. It has happened on different ROMs and different versions, I have a hotmail receiving as items arrive and a gmail checking every 15min. Do you have any accounts polling or pushing regularly?

Voidbladestorm 01-08-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy (Post 1470508)
I have had this happen occasionaly with all of my WM phones (Titan, Vogue, Diamond & Pro) I think it has to do with outlook checking for new mail. It has happened on different ROMs and different versions, I have a hotmail receiving as items arrive and a gmail checking every 15min. Do you have any accounts polling or pushing regularly?

Now this makes sense here cause I do have my aol checking like every 5 or ten mins if there is new mail so I believe it might just be that! Outlook might be being gay and popping up this window. Now that I got a suspect should I fix it by taking the recieve and send to a much higher duration? or how could I just get that window to stop popping up like that?

schoust 01-08-2010 08:10 PM

Well if that is the one and only glitch that you are having thank your lucky stars!! I can go on all night with my experiences in the past 14 months!!

Rabid_Gypsy 01-08-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidbladestorm (Post 1472350)
Now this makes sense here cause I do have my aol checking like every 5 or ten mins if there is new mail so I believe it might just be that! Outlook might be being gay and popping up this window. Now that I got a suspect should I fix it by taking the recieve and send to a much higher duration? or how could I just get that window to stop popping up like that?

I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of is performing manual send/receive. I don't see it every time I'm using my phone, so I'm guessing if you extend your polling to 15 or even 30 minutes, your odds are better of not catching it. This is all just speculation on my part though, I don't have any proof.

phillipdhall 01-09-2010 12:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I also find this to be a problem, seems related to email recieve settings. This problem was introduced in WM 6.5! WM6.1 roms will not do this. Most people are not bothered by it, but when you're on a VZW TP with low memory, the opening of outlook will crash opera, or any other resource hungry app.

Anyways, I don't have a solution, just letting you know you're not alone. You can always go back to 6.1 or manual send/receive, but I wouldn't consider that a solution.

Voidbladestorm 01-18-2010 09:32 PM

^ yeah..I just switched it back to manual send/recieve. Oh well....but it needs to get fixed...i like hearing my phone talk to me in the old aol "you got mail" wav I set it too....