PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tejesh83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
txts - only recieving after launching browser

Recently, my phone has been acting weird regarding incoming texts. Instead of syncing automatically, I seem to only get my texts when I launch a data connection, ie open a browser or something. So if I don't browse the web for 12hrs, I won't get any texts that came during that time. But, as soon as I launch a browser, all texts, 1 or more, now all magically are retrieved and my phones starts buzzing/beeping to let me know i have new texts. But the timestamps, still show the correct times, ie when they should have arrived, not the current time when I received them.

If I soft reset, texts seems to work, ie be instaneous again, for a bit, but after a couple hours (not sure of the exact timing) its back to the same behavior.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I will try hard resetting but was hoping for a quick fix.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Re: txts - only recieving after launching browser

what about emails ? do they get suspended also during this "timeout" ? also how often does this happen? how often do you power cycle your phone?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tejesh83 is a n00b

I haven't noticed it with emails, so I don't think they're affected. But its possible I just overlooked it. They sync based on a time schedule, so its harder to tell.

I power cycle at least a few times a week. Lately, more often, because of the texting issue.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

How long have you been on your ROM? Sometimes I find that my ROMs go bad causing weird things like that to happen.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tejesh83 is a n00b

@titanium: Email is affected also.

@ETphoneHOME: I started using this rom about 3-4months ago. Its the latest from Sprint.

Well I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, but it looks like that's the road I'm headed down. I'm not looking forward to the weeks of tweaking and installing appz to get it back the way I like it. I used to love tinkering with gadgets, but these days I just want them to work, uggh =)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:10 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it's possible you got the buggy version, but it sounds like your phone is set to evdo only.
settings>personal>phone, Services tab
check the following
roaming options = Automatic
Mode of Operation = hybrid (calls and sms use 1x, evdo only will prevent incoming but not out)
DDTM Mode = off (Data Dedicated Transmission Mode)

if you don't have those options, search for the reg to enable the options, and make sure they aren't set different.

btw, are you getting incomming calls???
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
it's possible you got the buggy version, but it sounds like your phone is set to evdo only.
settings>personal>phone, Services tab
check the following
roaming options = Automatic
Mode of Operation = hybrid (calls and sms use 1x, evdo only will prevent incoming but not out)
DDTM Mode = off (Data Dedicated Transmission Mode)

if you don't have those options, search for the reg to enable the options, and make sure they aren't set different.

btw, are you getting incomming calls???

bingo! thats exactly what i was thinking. most likely your mode of operation is incorrect. it needs to be hybrid. you probably have it set as EVDO only.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tejesh83 is a n00b

Thanks shaggylive and titaniumgiant!

I checked the settings, after enabling the mode of operation page via the registry, and they were all already set as shaggy described. So just in case, I set them to a new value, restarted, and then reset to the correct values and restarted.

I also remembered PocketShield was the last app I installed, probably a week or so before this issue started happening. My phone woke up because of some new txts while it was in my pocket, and phantom dialed quite a few folks in the wee hours of the morning =( Just in case the issue is related, I've uninstalled PocketShield for the time being.

I'll run some tests today and let you know how it fairs. If its still buggy, I'll probably just hard reset or install a new custom rom and hopefully that'll do the trick.

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Did you say you were using the latest Sprint official ROM? If that is the case, that may be the problem, the official ROM has MANY problems.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

chances are you have a power setting enable to disconnect your data signal after a while, like the disable data after 1 min hack or another time setting where once ur not using ur internet or data, it switches off in the comm manager. Check your power setting and options and see if thats the case... Im geussin ur automatic weather updates and anything else set to use data automatically goes off also... U can also check your comm manager nxt time u have data outage to confirm. It happens sometime w/ like new roms or certain apps that change ur seting automatically.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro