PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
where does weather info come from?

i have noticed this for some time now but let it go. my spb home shows it to be 57* out and my outside temp at house shows 79* and las night my outside temp shoed 10* below my spb. tf3d has a diff temp then spb and wp shows today as rainy (examp as i removed it) and spb shows clear and sunny with rain in 2 days and both are wrong as it is an overcast day and no rain in months.

I know some roms have battery temp apps, is there a way to have phone show current temp with same app and show in weather?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: where does weather info come from?

From my own personal experience, ive found spb to be way off regarding what their weather says and actual weather conditions outside. I stopped using it.
dschoenike

Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

it's on my home screen and i didn't pay cash for the way off weather conditions. but i have found all weather to be WAY off what is really going on. seeing i can look out my door and see if i really need a jacket to keep warm or need an umbrella to keep dry since the weather is so far off that it is year old updates. and since i am getting ready to make trip to washinton i would hate to be in the cold and have a 20* diff.

Last edited by jpwhre; 01-06-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work

You should use WheaterBug, it works very nice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak X View Post
You should use WheaterBug, it works very nice.
+1 on weatherbug. nice suggestion.
dschoenike
Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
i have noticed this for some time now but let it go. my spb home shows it to be 57* out and my outside temp at house shows 79* and las night my outside temp shoed 10* below my spb. tf3d has a diff temp then spb and wp shows today as rainy (examp as i removed it) and spb shows clear and sunny with rain in 2 days and both are wrong as it is an overcast day and no rain in months.

I know some roms have battery temp apps, is there a way to have phone show current temp with same app and show in weather?
Well I do know the TF3D gets the weather from AccuWeather.com. As for the others I don't know.

But the battery temp idea would be nice, although it would only tell you what temp is in you current
environment eg..indoor or outdoor. so you'd still need use of the regular weather app to tell you outside temp.

Last edited by Relic; 01-08-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

i'm not to worried about it being envi-ro-ment temp. i would be able to look at a glance what temp range i am in. i like th weather station i have that shows inside temp and out side temp with humidty and it tells me if it really is a rainy day. but in southern az, and when i go to washington, it is just me. wife, kids, and weather station stays here. haven't yet, but i still need to get amaze put back on phone and see how off the gps weather is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro