PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Here we Go Once Again!!!!

Well it's happened again! The phone has once again pulled it's famous crash when you need it most! This Phone is an official POS!!! If I did not get it through my employer I would have chucked it to the ground and smashed it into as many pieces!! This my friends is shear unadulterated frustration! Oh and I will make the call(as I have done numerous times before)and surely get the very same BS story as I get each and every time! These Clowns must be robots because I get the very same Oh Im sorry to here that,you don't say,have you done this? And of course I have been there and done all of that many times before! I can't say how much I actually Loath this pile of Dog jit!!! I can only say that I pity any poor soul that attempts to put any applications on His or Her Touch sh-t!!

Off Rant................

Anyone have a clue how to get rid of this junk and get an upgrade from these Clowns? I have also tried and gotten turned down Twice............................................
Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work
Re: Here we Go Once Again!!!!

What rom are you using? Did you tried another rom?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I dropped my Touch Pro in the toilet (not on purpose) and it still works great. Just sayin, maybe you got a bad one.
dschoenike

Last edited by dschoenike; 01-08-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

My touch pro broke for the 4th or 5th time the same week the touch pro2 came out. If you are very polite yet persuasive you will be able to get them to exchange it for a touch pro2, tell them you need a windows mobile phone with a keyboard for work purposes, try to talk to a tier 2 rep as they are the ones who are able to make the exchange, no one will want to help you if your a complete Mc******* one the phone, trust me on this one. Being polite gets you far with verizon.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

I have been very patient with this phone and despite what some might think about my obnoxious post I have been very cool and calm when speaking with the people from Verizon. I will try again and with any luck they will give me a different phone and all will be well. Honestly Bikeandestroyex If you had gone through what I have you would without a doubt be pissed too! My phone is used to monitor several commercial buildings through there automation.which means I rely on it to deliver the text messages that tell me what is happening throughout my district,on average I recieve some 50 messages a day! So as you can see I am not just playing games and changing screens I am dead serious about the use of the phone. My phone is used to its fullest extent and I believe that is the reason it crashes and Verizon just will not admit it.

Last edited by schoust; 01-08-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Forgot to mention that since I don't own the phone my Employer does I do not change Rom's. Although I wish I could.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Forgot to mention that since I don,t own the phone my Employer does I do not change Rom's. Although I wish I could.
If you change roms, you can always flash back to stock rom, that will help so much with the verizon touch pro, Trust me on this one i had it for a year. I would suggest loading up a titanium only 6.5 rom, as manila eats too much ram up. If you need any help with it or with getting your phone running better feel free to hit me up.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Well This thing is frozen right now what do I do with it? I mean I would change Roms but I dont want to void the warrenty. Please I really need to get this thing back on line.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

Like mentioned prior, get off the stock and flash to a diff rom. NFSFAN;s Roms are very light weight and super responsive and long lasting battery life. You can change the rom, when you are ready to return it, you can flash it back to the default stock rom and return it.

If you dont want to do that , then i suggest you need to have a "talk" wtih your employer and let them know..this phone isnt working out and they need to give you something more reliable since verizon does cripple their devices...
Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)

phillipdhall is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Schoust, I feel your pain. You are absolutely right about the phone, Verizon's crippling of it, and their lack of support for it. After thinking I had finally fixed the alarm issue, I sure enough was late for work this morning. They don't like hearing "it's my phone's fault." (long sigh)

Custom ROMs are a long road, the end of which is a better place than where you are, but NOT 100%. You can improve your situation, for max stability with NO fun stuff, go with Mighty 4. In just about any ROM, you just find different problems. Once you are used to the problems you know how to deal with, don't switch, or you'll become like most of the rest of us: stuck on a never-ending quest to "fix" your phone, accustomed to new problems every day.

That all being said, you should feel safe changing ROMs, as you can always put it back the way it was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro