PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
Energy ROM vs Mighty ROM

These two seem to be the most popular custom roms for htc touch pro. Which is better...btw I am on MetroPCS.
Thankyou
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Omega Blaze

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Energy ROM vs Mighty ROM

energy.

mighty rom was discontinued.

both are great roms though.

but energy is up to date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ty for ur opinion
Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think that all depends on what you're looking for. Mighty might have been discontinued, but if you are looking for a rock solid stable 6.5 upgrade IMHO it's the way to go. If you want up to date go with Energy..Just beware that up to date doesn't always go hand in hand with stable...

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Popular does not always translate to better. Everybody is different and you will find that you have your own likes and dislikes about certain ROMs. I have tried both of those ROMs and prefer neither of them, although they are definitely two of the top 10 ROMs of my choice.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What is your choice? Also what's important to me is social networking applications. (Facebook, etc)
Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
What is your choice? Also what's important to me is social networking applications. (Facebook, etc)
get a hero and be done, rom questions like this are user pref, look what all roms offer that suits you imo.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Do not post if you have nothing good to say... f*****
why the F*** would I buy a new F****** cell phone when this one cost me $300!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started

I agree with James...Darren's response to the question was completely unhelpful. (where do i hit the NO thanks button Darren?)

although i would love to have a newer phone, my TP is only 1 year old and i believe it would be financially irresponsible for me to purchase a new phone this early in the cycle. especially when i think the next 1 to 2 years will offer leaps and bounds in the cell phone arena.
I personally will wait at least 1 year to see Microsoft's entry as well as the efforts of the other big players.

with that said, i use Energy's rom's (often for a few onths before upgrading- even though i read his thread daily) i need stability above all else, and the ROMS a few weeks old usually have most of their bugs worked around by the tireless followers of his thread.

the 1st page of the thread often tells which version is considered more stable.

i think most people have to work around the pic mail if they're on sprint- (An arcsoft workaround is listed in the thread many times)
And i beleive most people prefer the internet version of facebook to the app version ( although if i remmeber right, some of the nov or dec roms with sense 2.1 have better integration than 2.5 based roms.

energy may or may not be the best for you but it is certainly a fine starting point and appears to still be in development
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Do not post if you have nothing good to say... f*****
why the F*** would I buy a new F****** cell phone when this one cost me $300!
Wow...? really? rofl... he has a point, hero is the win for soical network apps and so on, overall though, I love Energy ROM due to the fact it has 2.1 manila and it is up to date =]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro