PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Energy ROM vs Mighty ROM

i was a major nrg fan. i found he made the best roms. only cause of the eye candy of the rom, and the tweaks installed with it. i have reverted back to stock rom and use spb for own reasons but would switch back to nrg if (for my own reasons). yes nrg is a battery hog rom, but you get what you get. lil apps on a rom (which you'll end up looking for what is missing causing battery drain) or having all apps in a rom causing same thing. it is really user pref as far as what you want. just try them and see how they work for you. there are other choices if your not happy.

if this doesn't help then ignore my post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA (MR5)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Tekzel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Tekzel Send a message via MSN to Tekzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Wow...? really? rofl... he has a point, hero is the win for soical network apps and so on, overall though, I love Energy ROM due to the fact it has 2.1 manila and it is up to date =]
Actually, he doesn't have a point. That was a ridiculous reply.

To the OP: I am using Mighty's last, and I am also on Metro. It is very stable, I never have any problems. Battery lasts all day, with average usage putting the battery at 30%-50% at the end of the day. I tried Energy a while back but there was something I didn't care for about it, but I can't remember what it was now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

wow thankyou for the reply's what a great forum I clicked the THANKS button for you all.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BlingDynasty is just getting started

I've found that NRG is constantly cranking out ROMs with the latest and greatest operating systems and apps, some of which actually help to mitigate the batter drain. Mighty, having been discontinued doesn't have all of the latest stuff. While popularity isn't everything, people use it for a reason.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

But remember, latest isn't always greatest. One who felt compeled to run an old 6.0 rom with a battery tweak and nue battry diamond hack would be happier than running "latest and greatest" as one would call it. user interface and bugs go a long way. if one doesn't like latest UI, doesn't mean it is the greatest. also a rom that isn't up to date isn't because of X factor. it could be cause cheif no longer wishes to build, cheif no longer runs said device, or cheif isn't happy with what latest/greatest masses approve of. for me, it was the non-official 6.5.x roms that the cheifs here and xda created out of (poof) nowhere that killed it for me and sent me back to stock for last 3 months after flashing rom after rom daily. i'm not happy with them, maybe cheifs arn't either. maybe the are waithing for wm7 that seems to be pushed further and further away.

sorry cheifs. 6.5.X isn't true and in my mind. add the fact that android is starting to kill the market and wm7 is not looking to be ever in the light of the tp, no true 6.5 rom has been released for the tp in hopes of the never coming wm7, you are only prolonging the inevitable death of the tp.

it is only my opinion and don't speek for any past cheifs. only they can give you their reasons.

i love this place, and respect the work of you guys, don't get me wrong.

before nrg went to 6.5.x roms, he was the best. he then changed how things were in start menu, then when is start/settings/device info it was all blank. i quit after that. i had probs with some apps working with start/ok at bottum of screan when black dragon first begun with the 409 system build and everyone followed his lead making things worse and i become tired of fixing to make roms work.

i really wish nrg would build a new 6.5 rom, but i know he wont, and i quit holding my breath waiting.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BlingDynasty is just getting started

True, the latest isn't always the greatest. However since there was a comparison of two roms, the probability of one liking an Energy Rom vs. Mighty Rom is greater since there are more roms available. A user can find one that fits their personal preference as far as interface is concerned.

I went from the stock to SSS to Juicy to NRG and I found that all had their advantages and disadvantages. The latest (and not necessarily the greatest) roms with Sense are a headache to deal with, especially with the messaging issue and on top of that I'm on Cricket, which is another in and of itself. Thanks btw jp for all of the useful info.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodj5 View Post
I agree with James...Darren's response to the question was completely unhelpful. (where do i hit the NO thanks button Darren?)

He's has 13k post in 1.5 years. Come'on guys you can't expect every one of his post to be helpful =)
Old 01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

I think ill be flashing to Mighty Rom...I am all for stability (I heard affliction is stable too) To bad I have to wait till monday when I recieve my new laptop to flash my phone since I cant flash my phone on this Linux based laptop. DANGIT!!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Ive been using both ROMS since I bought my TP. While I like both roms for individual reasons I tend to go for MightyRom more mostly for visual looks. Both ROMS are extremly easy to use and dont take up alot of memory which is extremely helpful because im on Verizon and I have only so much memory alotted. In fact EneryRom was the first and actually the only ROM I was ever able to access GPS with. This is not to say you cant do it with anything else, but I had better luck with EnergyRom. Personally If I were you, go ahead and download them both and flash your phone using both roms and see which one you like best...like one of the other members said "its all about personal preference"

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift

hansdg1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
To bad I have to wait till monday when I recieve my new laptop to flash my phone since I cant flash my phone on this Linux based laptop. DANGIT!!

Couldn't you still flash it using the SD card method?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro