PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BORED with my TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
As previously mentioned, the TP does have send/end keys.

It sounds like it bothers you that the screen turns off when you are in-call. If so I highly recommend you check out the TICST program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

This module will turn the screen off when the phone is up against your face, and turn the screen back one when you take it away from your face. You can also have it turn on the speakerphone when you place the phone face down... there are a few other dialer tweaks available in this little app. Highly recommended.

Using this program in conjunction with TF3D2.1 and the tweak to turn off that stupid phone curtain (the one that covers up the speakerphone button) has me really liking the way my dialer works.
for the most part, the only smart reply in this thread
Old 01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
As previously mentioned, the TP does have send/end keys.

It sounds like it bothers you that the screen turns off when you are in-call. If so I highly recommend you check out the TICST program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

This module will turn the screen off when the phone is up against your face, and turn the screen back one when you take it away from your face. You can also have it turn on the speakerphone when you place the phone face down... there are a few other dialer tweaks available in this little app. Highly recommended.

Using this program in conjunction with TF3D2.1 and the tweak to turn off that stupid phone curtain (the one that covers up the speakerphone button) has me really liking the way my dialer works.
Thanks for posting this.. that is a nice utility, just installed it and really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akastixx View Post
for the most part, the only smart reply in this thread
Yep, pretty much.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Thanks guys.

btw... TICST pretty much eliminates the need for the curtain that drops down and covers the dialer buttons in TF3D2.1. If you want to get rid of the curtain it's a simple registry tweak:
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE and edit/create a key called "EnableSlideCover" and set it to dword:00000000, which means disabled. After soft reset it should be gone.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)
Carrier: Verizon

phillipdhall is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

TP-cutie24f, sorry to see you go. Please forgive the stupid people. I completely understand your frustration with the lousy, almost worthless buttons on the phone.

I'd say get a really small, functional flip phone (I miss my monochrome screen!) and keep a touch screen toy on the side. If only I could carry around a purse for all my toys... the all-in one thing these smartphones are trying to do just leaves too many compromises.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipdhall View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

TP-cutie24f, sorry to see you go. Please forgive the stupid people. I completely understand your frustration with the lousy, almost worthless buttons on the phone.

I'd say get a really small, functional flip phone (I miss my monochrome screen!) and keep a touch screen toy on the side. If only I could carry around a purse for all my toys... the all-in one thing these smartphones are trying to do just leaves too many compromises.

I don't understand how anyone here was mean to her. She actually isn't tech savy...the touch pro has send and end keys. She should have gotten an iphone since even a 2 year know how to use it... http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-379330

I actually laugh when you said you missed your monochrome screen...seriously? I agree with one of those who posted a picture of the jitterbug phone that targets seniors. I laughed even harder when you said if you could only carry a purse for all of your toys...could that be an 8th incher with batteries?

The only touch screen toy in my book is the iphone. The touch tro/2 are no toys. Close to mini pcs to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro