PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

ropp29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can headphones and the Touch Pro's microphone be used simultaneously?

When I'm listening to music on my phone using Sony headphones (no microphone) and the HTC adapter, if I receive a call the phone's microphone isn't activated and the other person can't hear me. Is there a way to use headphones and the phone's microphone at the same time? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Can headphones and the Touch Pro's microphone be used simultaneously?

yes and no. you can't talk on the phone and listen to music at the same time(i'm assuming you want music out your headphones). bluetooth headphones will let you do this, but you need hacks and tweaks and the proper headset.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
N00b
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

ropp29 is a n00b

Thanks, but I didn't mean I wanted to listen to music while on the phone. What I mean is, that once a call comes in I would like to be able to keep the headphones on for the call. When the headphones are plugged in, the phone's microphone doesn't work and the headphones don't have a microphone, so the headphones have to be removed to talk on the phone. I'm wondering if it's possible to hear the audio of the call in the headphones while still using the phone's built-in microphone to talk.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Plain and simple nope. The minute you plug in the dongle then plug in the headphone jack it turns off the mic and tries to pick up one from the dongle.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropp29 View Post
Thanks, but I didn't mean I wanted to listen to music while on the phone. What I mean is, that once a call comes in I would like to be able to keep the headphones on for the call. When the headphones are plugged in, the phone's microphone doesn't work and the headphones don't have a microphone, so the headphones have to be removed to talk on the phone. I'm wondering if it's possible to hear the audio of the call in the headphones while still using the phone's built-in microphone to talk.
you can do this with the proper headset, sonys won't work soldier. i have an htc remote that has a mic on it, with that you can use any 3.5mm headphones.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

unitmonster is just getting started

I actually lost my headset adapter with a mic so I am in the process of ordering a new one. Below are a couple of examples of the adapter you will need to accomplish what you are looking for (listen to music, then answer call while headphones are still in use). Let me stress that I have nothing to do with either seller and can't verify quality etc, although I have had good luck with these types of items through ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270430076463

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350183272407

In my experience, a US buyer purchasing from Hong Kong will take about 3 weeks to arrive, so if you are in a hurry a US seller would be quicker (although a little more $). In either case, you can get the adapter pretty cheap.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I have an adapter like this, but with a 3.5mm plug and 3.5mm socket and inline mic, that way you can use it in the car with the dongle also and plug in your car charger to the dongle to power up your TP.
mine is a throw back from my Vogue, still works fine.
I used to play tunes into the car radio (insteda of hedphones) with one of those tape converter thingys, low-fi but it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
headphones microphone