PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Alltel brand
Carrier: Metro PCS

dev131 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
My TP is stuck on the splash screen. It runs through the setup and goes to the splash screen with the X and the streaming lights. I let it run for about 30 mins and still just keeps goin. I have the Alltel version of the TP which is the Raph800 I am told, just like the Sprint phone.
this is addressed in the first post on the first page loops endlessly
Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK. Once I spent a few hours figuring out why RAPH500 wasn't working at all, it wasn't too hard to get the startup.txt up to date, and then to tweak the kernel to see all the (limited) ram available. Luckily it seems that the RAPH500 has exactly the same memory layout as the GSM Diamond, so I didn't have to find any new/different memory addresses -- just had to get it to play nice.

So, if you've got a Verizon Touch Pro (aka RAPH500), grab the file attached here and stick it into the xdandroid package (from here or wherever), replacing the zImage, modules, and startup.txt. I'll be submitting the patch to the maintainer of the linux-msm repository (phh), so in a few days (at most) the autobuild kernels should be RAPH500-friendly. All the other installation tips and traps should be generally the same (the system, rootfs, initrd, etc are all bog-standard xdandroid release, so most of the raph800 advice from this thread should apply). (Not sure if boot looping is going to be an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised.)

Also, I've been running this kernel for 15 minutes, checked that it had network, audio, and base functionality -- and it has already locked up twice (while sleeping, and once on boot). I have no idea what's working, what's stable, etc.; and, since it's got no active phone service (never been a verizon customer, and not planning on starting now), I can't really test that stuff myself. I'll look at it a bit more in the future, but I figured I'd get this out so there can be some more eyes on it. (5 minutes later update: Looks like wifi's busted -- I've got an idea of why, but it'll take some digging to remember how to solve it.)

As always, donations are appreciated, in this case both to myself and to Weapondrift (paypal address: nismo_4@hotmail.com), who sent me his old RAPH500 so I could get Android up and running on it. Seriously awesome of him -- without a device in hand, I would have had no way to figure any of these problems out.

Hey, now that I've got a secondary device... maybe I can play with flashing to NAND. Fun.

Edit: Patch has been pushed to the main repo. So grab the latest kernel from Glemsom instead of the one I posted. (Mine had a broken modules build, so it couldn't get the wifi calibration data installed correctly.) Then just add the raph500-startup.txt from here (rename to startup.txt).
Attached Files
File Type: txt RAPH500-STARTUP.TXT (238 Bytes, 107 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by makkonen; 06-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon!

way to go makk!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Makk, that is freakin awesome. I don't have a 500, but I'm sure there's a LOT of very happy 500 owners right now
Old 06-06-2010, 12:46 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

ken52787 is a n00b

This is awesome! I am one of those lucky enough (heh) to be on Verizon and stuck with a RAPH500. I'll play around with it and provide any help I can if any is needed makk
Old 06-06-2010, 01:37 PM
bzo
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 / Diamond

bzo is keeping up the good workbzo is keeping up the good work

The updated rootfs with GPS is up:

http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kevets is becoming a great contributor
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

It does work on a Sprint Touch Pro. This is a big step in this project.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tankdogg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
arrrghhh are you seeing the issue with the back button at all? or am i alone in this?
I've been having the issue with the back button turning off the screen (not always but a lot). Also from time to time during a call I've tried to end the call but the end call button will not work for me. Don't know if this is a physical problem with the phone or what. Did you happen to find a fix hamagc?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

awesome bzo, downloading now to test out.

makk i am noticing my 3g is breaking from time to time. the icon stays but i have no data flowing. need to reset the apn or restart to get it going again. any thoughts?

and for the button issue, not sure what does it. in fact i havent seen it happen is awhile now so update everything and make sure you have the newest stuff and see if yours still having the problem. i mentioned it to the devs and they said that winmo is constantly resetting the buttons where android was not so i think they made it check it more often (i think). only way to fix i found was to restart.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

Thanks Makkonen, I will give it a shot as soon as I get home. (left my phone on the charger this morning).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux