PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
set ramsize 0x6000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2039
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off physkeyboard=raph board-htcraphael-navi.alt_keymap=1"
boot
That is my startup.txt for all those asking for a working one. Ralph 800 (Sprint)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP

can i ask what WM ROM those of you with working 3d in android are running? i can run diamond hologram, but i do not get the animation at boot and dont believe im getting 3d acceleration.

side note/ im assuming d3d in my wm rom is the issue, and i have reverted to stock gxdma, d3dm_ati, libgles_cm, still no go.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

I just flashed back to stock the other day, but had both your 2.27 and mightyrom 6 installed. With all 3 I just open up the carousel view in Mobile Shell, then I launch Android. On a side note, following the IRC channel, it appears there is some work being done with not having to do that anymore, crosses fingers...
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well i had used energy,s rom and root rom both worked without a problem for me
Old 02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

energyrom here. for the most part as long as tf3d is running you should be ok
Old 02-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Gronde is a n00b

so is that really all the the new 2-14 update is....is just swapping the home and enter buttons or is the kernel better then the last ("2-8") cuz i actually like how its set up now i dont wanna swap my buttons

btw just to update on mine....sprint touch pro running stock rom and no gps/bluetooth/or camera...havent tried wifi just cuz i really dont find the benefit in it
Old 02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Talking Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Yeah, I ran out of space because I was trying to see if there would be any issues running different files to our system since it is not natively a linux platform.

I installed games and applications that are heavy on the device (one game, Dracula something or another was over 15mb in itself.) As soon as I added these files and ran a new system/install, it went crazy on me telling me about the space issue.

I will try to expand the system tonight as I have been at work for some time now and will have time (hopefully tonight) when I get out to do so. I will report if I find any information.

PS... As I had reported earlier, turning off 3G connection with a widget seems to prolong battery life, you have to turn off the WiFi too though, otherwise, it will eat your battery life just as quick. I have not noticed a huge increase though, maybe a total of 1.5hrs (though that is BIG considering this is only lasting 4-5hrs on a full charge.)

I also have to say, I kept the system running for almost 3 days without a glitch... (that is, until I got the bright idea to test some other things for the WiFi and my device rebooted! ) I would almost say we are close to ready for daily use, a few more releases and you guys got it!!!

AWESOME WORK!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR ALLOWING OUR DEVICES TO RUN TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronde View Post
so is that really all the the new 2-14 update is....is just swapping the home and enter buttons or is the kernel better then the last ("2-8") cuz i actually like how its set up now i dont wanna swap my buttons

btw just to update on mine....sprint touch pro running stock rom and no gps/bluetooth/or camera...havent tried wifi just cuz i really dont find the benefit in it
Yeah, someone wanted to be able to switch the keys so Makkonen updated that for them.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronde View Post

The new kernel just enables you to do the alternate keymap -- you still have to update your startup.txt if you want to actually switch.

It also has a slight change to the USB code, but I don't think there's really any difference to the end user, aside from the 'usb debugging' notification showing up in the notification bar.

What I'm saying is there's no harm in updating, but there's also no reason to bother unless you want that specific change.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
Start a call in WM before running Haret.
Do I have to do that every time or just make a call in WM then open Haret and it will work from then on?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux